Review Highlights
JUST PERFECT!

A year ago, I did the tour with Chris who was available for me during the whole organization of my... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
Marianne F
Could not have been better!

PaulW3184 and John C have already written reviews of our trip and there is little that I can add... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
Peter22
Alcester, United Kingdom

All reviews northern norway clear skies daytime activities sea eagles small group whale watching photo opportunities local knowledge reindeer farm every night local area space station fishing village an excellent guide norwegian culture great company an adventure
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Our holiday was the family half term 7 night stay. We travelled with our children (15, 8 and 6) and I can honestly say that from start to finish we had a phenomenal time. Everything is so incredibly well organised which is priceless when travelling with a family. Right from the start of the booking process Chris was available with help and advice on flights, what to bring and cameras and it was great to arrive fully prepared for the weather and ready to get the most out of our experience.

Our accommodation was fantastic and it was only on waking on our first morning that we realised we had the most spectacular view. We were self catering and Chris made sure we able to get everything we needed from a reasonably priced supermarket and we enjoyed a lovely meal at a pizza place with Chris, Becki and their lovely family. The accommodation was filled with everything we could need and was super warm (very important for me!)

All the trips were excellent, travelling up to Spaceship Aurora on the the first day was great as it gave the children a chance to learn about the Northern Lights in a really interesting and fun way. The husky safari was utterly amazing despite the snow being so heavy it had covered their usual track, everyone was so welcoming and keen to make it a great experience. The eagle safari was breathtaking, Nyksand beautiful, mountain walk and campfire a highlight for the kids and the Sami reindeer experience fascinating and very cute. Chris and Becki has built real friendships with everyone at all the trips and we were warmly welcomed everywhere.

And the Northern Lights? Breathtaking. The week we were there there was huge amount of snow and huge amounts of cloud cover but Chris's patience, expertise, experience and seemingly limitless energy and enthusiasm meant we saw the Aurora on 3 nights with the last being a truly fabulous display. Sharing that moment with my family in the soft snow is something I will never forget.

I honestly cannot find the words to adequately express how fantastic this holiday was. Chris (& Becki!) appears to have endless energy and is a fantastic guide. On longer journeys we stopped for spectacular photo opportunities and also for the kids to stretch their legs and he was often pointing out interesting things to look at and providing loads of fascinating information about the area. Chris and Becki are obviously so knowledgable not only about the lights but about Arctic Norway and their genuine love for the area shines through.

Thanks Aurora Addicts for a truly unforgettable holiday of a lifetime. We will be back for another!

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I came from New Zealand to join this tour and found it tremendous. Chris was helpful pre tour and he and Terry managed the tour in a really professional manner. And as for the lights they were there 7 nights out of 7, and 2 nights were a real wow! We always seemed to be in a good spot at the right time to see the auroras. So fab tour, everything worked well and well worth while. A thing everyone should have on their "must do" list.

1  Thank ianhutchings
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Always wanted to go to Northern Norway, Aurora Adicts did not disappoint - an amazing experience, so well organised, very friendly knowledgable guide (Chris), amazing scenery... It was meant to be a trip of a lifetime but we definitely need to go again...

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This was my first photo tour with Aurora Addicts to capture the Northern Lights in Norway. This trip exceeded all my expectations!! Chris and Terry worked really hard to make us comfortable during the 7 day tour. From capturing the sunrise, beautiful Landscape of Norway, capturing hunting Sea Eagles, sunset or the Light show at night was a typical day for this tour. Chris is very knowledgable about hunting the Aurora and the locations to get the best shots in our cameras. The accommodations, transportations and the small group size exceeded all expectations. In the evening after shooting the sunset we came home to nice dinner which was home cooked meals. One of our location we got treated to a Norwegian style dinner! At the end of the trip I didn't want to leave this beautiful area! Surely enough I will be back on one of the trips they offer!!! I highly recommend Aurora Addicts!!!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

I joined Chris on an Aurora Addicts tour following a week long orca expedition and this leg of the trip was definitely a highlight of my time in Norway!! Our trip as a photography workshop was very successful, and we couldn't have asked for better Northern Lights action finding the Aurora 7 out of 7 nights. Our days typically revolved around scouting out a location for photographing the sunrise, sunset, Northern Lights, and even had some time photographing hunting Sea Eagles; Chris was so passionate and knowledgeable about Arctic Norway, and he worked very hard to make sure we were able to experience the best of what the beautiful landscape had to offer. The transportation and accommodation exceeded my expectations, and the small-group atmosphere made for an incredibly personal trip and companionship amongst the group. I'm absolutely sure that I'll be joining him for another tour at some point in the next year or two; I can't think of any way our week could have been any better, I loved it so much and I miss it already!!