“Unprofessional Manager”

Quality Inn Manassas
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Having stayed at this hotel for business trips for 6 years, four months out of the year, and spending over 24,000 dollars, I will never stay again. When trying to settle a minor incorrect charge by the hotel, the general manager Stephanie Grinevics would not even speak to me when I challenged the incorrect charge. She stormed out of the lobby, slammed the door, and refused to talk to me. She did return and told me that she would not speak to me. The height of unprofessionalism. In fact she would not even give me her name or her supervisors name. This person should be disciplined or fired. I will never stay here again, some other hotel will get my 4,000 plus dollars per year

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 April 2010

I booked this hotel on general location (west of the Beltway - between points on my shopping - working - socializing itinerary), price, and expectations of a Quality Inn. The stay met my expectations. Yes, the room was small, and the hotel not new. But the room was nicely furnished with compact recliner, and a basic office chair in place of the usual straight-back disaster usually found in hotel rooms. The bed was fine.

I see some negative comments about the service. My experience was fine. My check-in was courteous from the personable staff member, who was also there the next day for my checkout. She gladly put my luggage aside for a few hours - for me to pick up later in the day. She quickly offered to help me with the door (so that I could make it in one easy trip with my bags). Breakfast was a modest choice (but this is typical of the genre, and the competition at such prices had no breakfast to offer). It was certainly fine for my one-night stay, however. Though the room was small, everyone had a place to sit when I was there.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Our king non-smoking room was nice & clean; the down comforter & pillows were very soft & the bed was comfortable; the bathroom was clean with nice water pressure in the shower; the room had a nice size refrigerator & microwave; the A/C worked well; the hotel staff was very nice; a continental breakfast was available; the location was only about 15 minutes from the Vienna metro station, which made it very convenient; it is located close to several nicer chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, Applebee's, Chili's, Logan's, etc.) as well as fast food chains (McDonald's, Hardee's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, KFC, etc.); local restaurants are also very close; it is close to shopping areas & has a very nice Giant grocery store; all of these stores/restaurants are within minutes from the hotel; the hotel is off of the main 'drag,' so it is easy to enter/exit; we would DEFINATELY stay at this hotel again & would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigbly01
Reviewed 28 June 2008

The rooms of this hotel are small. There was a desk at the foot of a bed which made passage impossible if someone was sitting and difficult with just the chair for the desk positioned infront. We had to move that chair away to be able to move to and fro. Don't know why but they also had two other sitting type chairs in the room which made a crowded room even more challenging. The bathroom was a split affair with the wash basin on one side and the shower/toilet (with a door) on the other. Made for a problem if you did not want to disturb a sleeping partner and had to use the light for the wash basin.

The reception desk personell could use some lessons in hospitality. The woman who intially served me, while not unfriendly, wasn't exactly welcoming in her tone of voice, facial expression (not a trace of a smile to be seen) or soliciting - had to drag information out her.

The breakfast room was tiny and standing room only - literally! There were only four tables and they were of the type for only two people. The selection was minimal.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2008

The Room I was in was acceptable and at the same level of Features as other Choice Hotels, it was clean and provided everything you expect from a Mid Level Hotel Room. However the Front Desk Staff was very Rude and unaccommodating...

I got a good price for the room but there is a Best Western across the street that is a little better.....

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2007

When I saw the pictures of the hotel on the website I thought the hotel looked pretty good, so I figured I would give it a try. Well was I wrong. They must have used pictures from another hotel or something because the rooms do not look like that. They are dirty, and definitely need to be renovated. And not to mention but the employees are so rude, starting with the General Manager Stephanie. She treated me like I was a homeless person off the streets. And I was a paying customer. I will NEVER stay here again. Stay at your own risk. I have found other hotels in that area that are much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2007

First off, this hotel's name is now Quality Inn, not Days Inn, as tripadvisor.com lists it. Expedia.com has the correct listing, however, so everything went fine with booking the room through them.

The location of the motel - yes, motel, because all the rooms are exterior-entry and not indoors - is great, right off I-66. Pretty safe area - nothing run-down or dilapidated around the motel itself. WalMart across the street, McDonalds and BobEvans right at the front door, and tons of other restaurants (both fast-food and sit-down style)and shopping within a short drive down Sudley Road. We pulled straight in and had no problem with our reservations. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The two-bed rooms are definitely small - barely enough room to walk between the end of the bed and the dresser. We couldn't open our entry door all the way because there was so little space for the only chair in the room that it had to sit behind the door. The bathrooms are also extremely tiny - you cannot stand directly in front of the sink because the bathroom has an angled doorway and the sink is right in front of it. Overall, though, it was clean, and our maid service was good. Noise wasn't a problem, either, which was a good thing since our door faced a bowling alley on the back side of the hotel. :-)

Bottom line: you get what you pay for. It is a budget motel, with a budget price. If you are looking for extras, don't come here. You get a clean bed, a TV, and the basic toiletries, and that's it. But really, that's all we wanted for a three-day trip to DC - we weren't doing anything at the room except sleeping, so why pay for all the fluff. With all the DC traffic to fight through to get anywhere, who has time to linger in the hotel room anyway?!?!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family