“Reasonable”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
New York
“Reasonable”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed for three nights. The hotel is ok, but, as others have pointed out, it seems to need some updates. The elevators took forever to come so we ended up taking the stairs up and down from an upper floor. The check in and check out were without problems.

The rooms were ok with an updated TV. Wen we checked in the toiletries were not there so we had to call for them. Also, we tried to order room service only to be told that the restaurant is closed on Sundays(?). The breakfast in the morning was ok, although I noticed they were a bit slow with refills and that some fruits were reused the next day.

The indoor and outdoor pools were nice. The indoor one is less deep than the outdoor one so our 4yr old enjoyed it more. However both were so heavily chlorinated that you had to wipe your eyes often. The pools were open 10-10 every day and this was nice. Overall, ok place but could do better.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank stefanelNewYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
NJ
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This was a very clean, comfortable place to stay while we visited family in Northern Virginia. The hotel is located just off I-66, so it is noisy with the balcony door open, but I was really surprised how much the closed door quieted the traffic. If you are worried about it though, I suggest asking for an inside room that faces the really cute courtyard and gazebo.

We did not try the hotel breakfast ($8.95) since there is a Cracker Barrel one door away, but we did partake of the free coffee/decaf/tea in the morning and evening. The coffee is available until 10:00am and I would suggest getting it before 9:30am, as we tried to get a little more at 9:45am and there was only decaf left.

I think the mattress was a tempurpedic foam or similar product, but it was ridiculously comfortable. So much so that coming home to my own bed a little of a downer. The staff was very friendly and helpful, suggesting the Vienna metro station for free weekend parking and cheap, stress-free travel to DC for the day.

If I travel to the area again, I would definitely stay here. The location was great and the hotel was a bargain with the Marriott Rewards or AAA rate.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Have stayed in a Courtyard the past three nights. This property just isn't up to our other stays in other cities. It appears to be a bit tired. It is close to the NPS Manassas Battlefield, so that is why we selected this hotel. There are many properties in the area. They do have a laundry room, but charge $1.50 per load.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed for 4th of july weekend. Family of four. We booked a 2 bedroom (room 105)and it was the best thing we ever did. Super clean and secure. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank spoilednewyoker
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We arrived early for a family reunion and were given an early check-in by the General Manager, Bill. Our reception was fast, friendly and informative. Our room, 303, was clean, nicely furnished including a flat screen TV, refrigerator and desk. The Wi-fi worked flawlessly and the bathroom was spacious and spotless. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty and eggs cooked to order were available as well. We did not use the indoor pool but it appeared clean. The fitness room was small but well equipped and kept at a cool temperature. The lobby was huge and offered many sofas and chairs for conversation and beverages. There is also a computer area with a guest computer and several plug-in spaces for personal computers.

All things considered, this Marriott is one of the better hotels we have ever stayed in. Highly recommended for all.

Room Tip: Use the online booking for package deals.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lonestarlizard
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Genuinely pleasant and welcoming staff.
Most comfortable bed I've had in a hotel in years - I would buy one for use at home.
Clean and modern facility, nice breakfast, quiet rooms.
Internet access was so-so...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andrefoti
United States
Reviewed 4 March 2011

As a Marriott Rewards Member, I would expect the 'special' treatment that comes with the rewards membership. The Front Desk did acknowledge my status as a rewards member (which is rare these days at Marriott branded hotels). I didn't have a problem checking in with the rate I had for the hotel. Convenient location to 66.

Towels and sheets were changed daily as requested but during my two week stay - I believe my room was vacuumed once or twice at the most. Definitely wasn't as clean as I thought it would be. Exercise room was cramped into a small room, believe my hotel room was larger than the exercise room itself. Bathroom door wouldn't open all the way due to the bottom of the door being too long. So while sitting on the toilet you'd have to sit in an angle or be right on the door. Reported this issue to during a survey and the GM had an engineer take a look at the door. There is no ventilation either.

There was a smoke problem during my stay from neighboring guests smoking on their balconies. My room smelled like smoke and aggravated my allergies. Upon reporting it to the front desk, thankfully, Chris moved me to another room without any hassle and apologized for the inconvenience. Also, my previous room had a microwave and the new room didn't. Chris informed me someone would bring me one. He ended up bringing it to me himself once he had coverage for the front desk. One PLUS during my stay. Thanks Chris!

During my stay, I happened to be there during a huge snowstorm for VA. Parking lot wasn't adequately plowed causing plenty of guests issues when they left in the morning. I understand that it took awhile for folks to get to their destination, longer than expected but there should of been an alternative plan or compensation for the inconvenience. GM was notified about this issue and he apologized for the inconvenience. Also during this time frame, there was an ice storm. Black ice was present and salt was not, about slipped and fell, thankfully caught myself.

I did notice a hotel room doorway with a white sheet and caution tape. I thought there had been criminal activity as the next few nights there was a VA State Police car parked in the parking lot - either for 'safety' or one was actually staying at the hotel. According to the GM: "The veneer came loose and our engineer had to remove the door to re-glue and repair the door. There was no criminal activity in that room or anywhere near the hotel that we are aware of. "

Would I stay here again? Maybe, but not likely as there are plenty Marriott brand hotels around to choose from.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business