“Great hotel - renovated, great staff”

Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
New York, NY
“Great hotel - renovated, great staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is right off I-66, easy on and off. The room and common areas have recently been renovated. The management and front desk staff were extremely helpful. The swimming pool was clean. the laws in this area state that there must be a life guard on duty if the pool is open so it is only available on evenings and weekends. Beds were comfortable, rooms were spacious. Next door to a Cracker Barrel, not far from an Unos, Wendy's so on. great option. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gypsy_0512

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After 30 yrs of travel, I can tell you that the service at this hotel was outstanding. The hospitality team was wonderful and the front desk team was also very helpful. I was traveling on business but had my elderly parents with me for the week. The staff was extremely patience and informative on taxis, walking distance restaurants and other amenities nearby. We all thoroughly enjoyed meeting and speaking with the evening hospitality team two weeks ago!

The only negative was the traffic in the morning to 66. Despite it being ..2 mile, it gets so backed up that I waited 20 minutes to head west! Trust me, the service outweighed this factor and I would go back!

Room Tip: first floor was convenient to everything
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Southern California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of this Marriott is in a great spot. Close to the highway and restaurants and shops. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a cute little balcony which felt like it gave us more space. The lobby bar was convenient but the Starbucks wasn't open 24 hours like we were told. Not really a big deal for us.

If we were in the area again I'd stay here next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The service was outstanding, the staff were friendly and very attentive to our needs. My only complaint was the towels were really scratchy. My son used the in door pool and that facility was very nice indeed. Overall it was very clean and comfortable.

Stayed April 2014
chicago, il
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a great one night stay at Marriott Manassas. Booked with an extra discount for rewards members.

Checked in with a really friendly worker who gave me a quick rundown of the hotel and local attractions. DEFINITELY take the time to check out the battlefield right near hotel. Even if that isn't on your agenda, it will only take 30 minutes or could take all day depending on your desire but definitely a gem in history that is worth the visit. I did a quick tour of the visitors center and then walked the battlefield in 30 minutes round trip. Don't miss that piece of American History you might never be close to again!

Room was very nice. One King bed, with couch that had a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The 1.25 bathroom suited all my needs and I thought the bed and linens were high quality.

Used the workout room which was small but had everything you needed. Free weights, recumbant bike, 2 treadmills and an elliptical. The elliptical needed servicing but other than that, got a good workout in.

Marriotts seems to be straying away from the free breakfast concept and going towards this little restaurant in the lobby. The service and food are great but it isn't cheap so just keep that in mind if you are traveling with family.

If i am ever back in the area, would definitely visit again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank nickiwms
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is appreciated. I will have our fitness equipment tech trouble shoot the eliptical machine. We do offer a "Stay for Breakfast" rate on weekends which you may want to consider for your next visit.
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed at this courtyard probably 4 times in the last year. It just so happens my company is across the street. The rooms are very clean, its right of 66 which is nice, the staff is very helpful. I stayed at a competitor across the street once because it was slightly cheaper. it was a mistake i wont make again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom K
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us so often. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive to improve, so that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great hotel! The rooms were very clean. We had no problems with noise coming from outside or the hallways. The beds were extremely comfortable! We had 2 problems during our week long stay, the ice maker on our floor was not working (Not much of a problem by any means, because you can very easily go to another floor). Our other problem was a bit awkward and uncomfortable. We had to request a microwave, and about 30 minutes after arriving to the hotel, a maid knocked on our door once, came to into our room, apologized, sat the microwave down on the floor, and then walked out. Lol. We had booked 2 rooms, and requested a microwave for each, and the microwave to the other room was just placed in front of the door. (I'm assuming this is probably the correct thing to do). I'm not sure why there have many so many complaining about poor signage, I remember at least 3 signs (1 at the Red Light, 1 right after the entrance to Cracker Barrel, and another when you finally turn into the hotel parking lot). Will definitely stay here again! Many restaurants in the area, shopping, and very easy access to I-66.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you saw our signs. Cleanliness and the comfort of our beds are two of our cornerstones. We will be installing all new mattresses in December 2013. I apologize for the ice machine issue. It was repaired and all floors have ice once more. Our associate should have placed the microwave on the desk or in the place of your choosing. I will highlight room deliveries at our Monday meeting and ensure we are all on the same page. Thank you for staying with us.