“Best place to stay in Manassas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bennett House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manassas
Bennett House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Manassas B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best place to stay in Manassas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

My wife & I needed a place to stay on short notice in this area, looked at reviews, price, and availability & decided to go with this one. Best choice we ever made. Our overall experience was excellent. The location is in a quiet residential neighborhood, the house & grounds are well maintained, the hosts are very gracious & accommodating, the rooms are spacious & well supplied with basic amenities, & if you choose to stay here, you MUST make time to have breakfast. What we were served was unique & incomparable. We highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

My daughter got reservations for me (her mother) and herself the night before her wedding. We each had our own room, and they were absolutely beautiful accommodations! On the day of her wedding, the bridal party and photographer came for pictures! Amazing setting for the pre-wedding pictures! I have to say that Jean and Curtis were THE best host and hostess! I needed a button at the last minute, and Curtis offered to take me to the fabric store nearby. I followed him instead so I could get back quickly. They were so hospitable in every sense of the word! The breakfasts were much better than any breakfast bar! They opened up their lovely house to us for the pictures. We couldn't ask for a better experience! I stayed 2 nights, my daughter stayed 1 night, and my sister stayed in her room for the 2nd night. It was perfect and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Any of the 2 main rooms are great! The master bedroom has an attached bath. The other room has the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husband and I truly wish we could have stayed longer with Curtis and Jean at Bennett House. Our room was elegant, cozy, and quiet with perfect amenities. The towels smelled so good. We met another interesting couple over breakfast which was truly a delicious feast. We appreciated and followed the good advice for what to see and how to get there from Curtis, too. We will return whenever we can to this great location and wonderful B and B.

Room Tip: Either of the two rooms would be excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

This two room B&B is so superior! I have to say "ditto, ditto" to all the other recent reviews, which are spot on. The House and accoutrements are lovely, the innkeepers are personable, friendly, and helpful. The breakfasts are fantastic. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The innkeepers have covered more little helpful details than virtually any other B&B we've stayed, and we've stayed in a lot. See the list in the review by YoYoPa. We stayed two nights for a family wedding, and couldn't have been more satisfied. Although we didn't have need of it, the train into Washington is walking distance, making this a very good base for day trips into the city.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller room- it's bath is private, but across the hall, but gave up nothing in...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

My wife and I were in Manassas April 11 - 15. We had read about the Bennett House B&B on Tripadvisor. Thus, we decided to stay there on this trip. The first thing that we noticed upon arriving was how beautiful this part of old Manassas was--quiet, lush with trees and green lawns and gorgeous flowers bloming about everywhere. Pulling down the driveway of the B&B, the pink and white azaleas popped out at us in such brillance, that we felt blessed by such a simple thing of life.

The B&B itself was a blend of all of this surrounding beauty. Curtis (along with his wife, Jean, owners of Bennett House) greeted us as we walked up onto the porch. Right away, you knew you were meeting a true southern gentleman, born and raised in the area. He bloomed with this southern way, just as the flowers were with their colors. He gave us a tour, then began helping us with suggestions of things to do and to see in this historic civil war town and the surrounding areas: the battlefields of Manassas, Monticello, the Marine Corps Museum in nearby Quantico, U. of Virginia, restaurants, etc. He was a walking guide we had all to ouselves.

We settled into our room: quaint, nicely decorated, clean, comfortable and just plain charming. The morning breakfast was always a delight. Pride is deeply taken by Curtis and Jean to make sure you get a breakfast that is as equivilant or better than you could buy at any restaurant in town. Plus, you had the charming breakfast room and their presence to make you feel right at home.

Our last night at the B&B, my wife came down with a severe intestinal virus attack which continued through the night and into the morning hours (Note: the problem had been coming on before our arrival in Manassas). Curtis was an incredible extra hand in helping us. He guided us to the ER at Manassa Hospital. He kept in touch with us as my wife was being given excellent care by the staff there. I went for a bite to eat in the cafeteria. When I got back to the main lobby of the hospital, there was Curtis, waiting to see how she was doing. All the southern gentleman stuff that us folks from the west have heard about through the years--well, Curtis is the epitome of all of that. What a fantastic gentleman he is and showed that he was.

We loved our stay in Manassas and especially at the Bennett House B&B. We will be back, as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. And we give our blessings and thanks to Curtis and Jean for making our stay something we shall never forget. Thanks!!--Richard & Diana

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Severna Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My measure of a B&B isn't just the house and the room, which at Bennett House are excellent. It's the little touches from the innkeepers that make the difference, and Curtis and Jean serve it up in spades; if there's anything that you can think you might need, they've already thought of it:

- Need a toothbrush or toothpaste? Check. Already there. Same for shampoo and conditioner and shaving cream, and lotions, and hair dryer, and even make-up remover for crying out loud.
- Bathrobes and slippers? Check.
- Snacks? Water bottles (cold), cookies, chocolate. Check.
- Extra blankets, towels and pillows? Check, already there.
- House wireless? Check.
- Electric fireplace in the room? Check.
- Silent!!! ceiling fan? Check.
- Daily newspaper? The Washington Post, check.

Such attention only serves to reinforce the charm and comfort of this delightful inn in a 100+-year-old beautifully landscaped house on the fringe of downtown Old Town Manassas, which is a 10-minute walk away.

Our room -- the Master Room -- was a bright, large and inviting bathroom suite with a very!!! comfortable Queen sized brass bed up against a bay window through which a full moon bathed my financee and me in soft light.

And Jean's breakfast in the classic period dining room off the classic living room was to beat the band: Eggs, fruit, muffins and pancakes.

The grounds are covered with beautiful bushes and flowers, and the house boasts a comfortable front porch with chairs on which to sit to read while waiting for breakfast or having an evening aperitif.

And, of course, the hosts are delightful.

I highly recommend the Bennet House as a weekend getaway B&B.

Room Tip: Pick the Master Bedroom. There are only two bedrooms in the house, and while the other is delightful...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I just spent a long weekend here for the first time. We had a wonderful time. Curtis and Jean are excelltent hosts and made us feel right at home. Curtis was always ready to get us anything we needed and willing to help in any way (including opening windows to cool our room off while we were out after we found it too warm the night before). The breakfasts were nice. Jean made a baked peaches and cream French toast one morning that I unfortunately found too sweet. She quickly offered and made me regular French toast. I appreciated their willingness to be so accomodating. It was also nice to be able to pick our breakfast time rather than having a strict time. We would definately stay again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Queen's room but would pick the Master's Suite next time to have a bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple