Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
HolidayInn.com
US$82
US$77
Red Roof
All reviewsfront deskbiscuits gravyhotel was completely bookedsuite roomthe king size bedcracker barrelhis attitudecinnamon rollsstandard farerecommend this hotelliving areagreat roomthe maintenance manthe hotel managerfirst floorwould stay here againthe young lady
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed in room 206. The room itself was clean with a fridge, coffee maker, comfortable beds, and microwave. However, I agree with reviewer "tony m", I too will check out other hotels in the area prior to staying at this Holiday Inn Express. The AC unit was controlled by a thermostat which controlled the temps adequately, but the unit kept cycling on/off. In fact, we had to have the hotel maintenance guy come to our room b/c a section of the carpet below the AC unit was soaked. He took the front cover off the AC unit which revealed the unit was iced over b/c the drain tube was clogged by debris from birds. He said it was a constant problem with the AC units in several of the rooms. This made us wonder how much mold is under the carpet? Also, there were some construction workers staying at the hotel long-term. They would gather in the parking lot drinking beer and playing corn hole right outside the front of the hotel and right below our room. When I asked the desk clerk if I could change my room, I was told the hotel was booked, but she would tell the construction works to slide down away from where our room was located. That helped some, but the next night the workers were right back at it. I got the impression allowing this activity was an accepted practice at the hotel as I noticed the night desk clerk seemed to know most of the construction workers. I will say the free continental breakfast is outstanding and the pool is nice and is good size. The pool hours are supposed to be 9am to 9pm. The desk clerk was nice enough to allow us to swim one evening up until 10pm, but one morning we wanted to swim in the pool a little after 9am, but the maintenance guy came up and said we would have to wait an hour or so b/c he just put chemicals in the pool. Although the property is nice overall, I would suggest seeking other lodging alternatives prior to choosing this hotel.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is right off I-66. Formerly a Country Inn and Suites. We stop in Manassas about twice a year.
Tried many of the hotels in the area and this ranks up there as one of the better ones. Room was clean and large with nice amenities, like a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The tv was a large with a sleep button. always find that useful. Breakfast was a full breakfast and very nice. Keep you going till lunch easily. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My stay at this hotel was excellent. The staff was very professional and competent. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I recommend this hotel for everyone. Thank you so much for an excellent experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The staff has been excellent for us and has helped us when something didn't go well. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is good and there is good variety. Coffee is decent and available late in the day. The property overall is very is nice. We would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

However, I will check out other hotels in the area because the AC unit was controlled by a thermostat and came on and off constantly after a few minutes of running. It was controlling the temperatures well but the on and off cycle is just too much of a nuisance during the night. Hotels can be noisy and a fan really drowns noises out. We like hotels that have a fan with the HVAC unit which can stay on during the night so the on and off AC cycles and silence periods are not so noticeable. Some of the AC units are leaking water also.

Room Tip: Check the room out if possible.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Overall there are no complaints. The hotel was clean and well kept. The amenities were standard and I had no negative experiences. It would be nice for a little more décor in the room...The room was clean and contemporary, but one entire wall was white and the ceiling looked like construction material. Odd, but not a drawback.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple