“Awesome customer service!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
“Awesome customer service!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Best customer service I've had in a long time! There was a slight mixup with my confirmation. I made a two room reservation at ihg.com and one of the rooms ended up with a confirmation at the Holiday Inn and the other here at the Express. We came here not knowing the mixup. Judith at the front desk was unbelievably friendly and helpful! We got it sorted out and she got me into a very nice sized queen suite for the same price. After a long day, it was SO nice to have a smiling face and awesome service! Judith recognized my IHG gold status and rewarded me with a goodie bag (bottle of water and trail mix). The hotel and this room is very clean and quiet. In the future, when I'm back in this area, I will be staying at this awesome hotel!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello Mr. Kevin G,
It is a pleasure to hear that your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas was at its best. Knowing that we have provided you, our gold member, with a comfortable stay is rewarding to us. Thank you for recognizing Judith's exceptional service. My team and I looks forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Troisdorf, Germany
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel during our vacation twice. We did a tour from Florida through Virigina and stayed in a lot of hotels, but this was the nicest of this category. We visited Masassas battlefield, then we chose this hotel. We had an extraordinary warm welcome at the reception by Ruth (very nice and helpful) and got a really nice room.
We liked expecially the cleanliness and spaciousness, we enjoyed the quiet rooms a lot and could sleep very well. Also the indoor pool was great!
The breakfast was o.k., but as Europeans we dispise the plastic plates and knives/forks... For the environment it would be much better to use "real" plates!
We liked the hotel so much that we came there again after our visit to Washington D.C.
As Manassas is really close to Dulles Airport (from where our flight back departed) we decided to stay there again as it was our last night in the US.
Ruth recognised us at once and was - again - very nice. The other staff members of this hotel were friendly and helpful as well.
Nowadays hotels are very similar to each other, but the staff makes the difference. We can only say that at this hotel the staff was amazing - an example for great hospitality.
Thank you for making our stay in Manassas so special!

Room Tip: The rooms located towards the Battlefield Park are really quiet - an you have a view into the woods...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello Kerstin R,

Thank you for your comments and for recognizing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas to be the "nicest hotel during your vacation tour" in the US and also for mentioning the great service my staff has provided during your visits especially Ruth's warm welcoming during both occassion of your visit to the area. It's an honor to know that we've made your I hope that my staff and I can house you again on your next visit to the US.

Steelton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Upon arrival I asked that my companies credit card be billed (which they had on file). They asked for my cc and assured me it would not be charged. Next week I check my bank statement and (of course) I WAS charged. I was assured it would be taken care of two months ago and it is still not corrected. I had to pay $20 extra to include breakfast (this was them assuming there will be two guests). I had no problem spending the $20 just for me to eat breakfast. You would think this was the best breakfast buffet in the entire world. WRONG! I've had better breakfast at 2 star hotels and it was included in the room charge. I must say the rooms were very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hello Ms. Susan F,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our breakfast. I would like to let you know that we provide daily complimentary breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. If it's okay with you I would like to discuss your concerns further and personally apologize for your inconveniences. I trust the rest of your stay went well. I hope to hear back from you and to serve you again.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Last week I was part of a group of over 140 people who spent five nights ath this hotel. Everyone was welcoming and went out of their way to make sure all our needs were met. The morning continental breakfast was varied and excellent. The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. Televisions worked great. The location was near a mall and there's a Cracker Barrel across the street and both Uno's and Wendy's within a block's walk. When I left early, the front desk clerk helpfully made the call to arrange a taxi and told me which MARTA trains to take to Union Station. Because of the staff, facilities, and location, I would eagerly stay at this Holiday Inn Express again and I look forward to doing so.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Scouter710,

Thank you for taking your time to recognize the outstanding facility and wonderful staff of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. It is truly a reward for me and my staff to know that we have serviced you, our valued guest, with great service and experience. It will be an honor to be able to serve you again in the future.

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were inquiring a nice hotel to recommend to our guest coming in town. The representative at the front was very nice and helpful. She provided us with all the necessary information and even showed us the facility and rooms. I plan to recommend this hotel to my coming guest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello TJ4118,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas during your recent hotel shopping. I am happy to hear that you received great service and was pleased with my staff's eagerness to assist you. I am very excited that you will be recommending our hotel to your upcoming guests. It will be mine and my staff's pleasure to provide your guest with a warm and welcoming experience just like how you would want them to feel at your own home.

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Working on the road and can be such a drag, but the ladies and gentlemen of the front desk are the best I've seen in all the years of working on the road. One very cold night a water line burst causing the guest to evacuate the hotel. With thousnads of gallons of water coming from the ceiling. flashing lights, and fire department personel, stood a young lady still in college, She calmly and professionlly directed the guests and fireman in the right direction. Two thumbs up for Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Manassas, Va., and the ladies of the front desk for keeping their guest calm and collected during the stressful ordeal. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Room Tip: All are great
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hello Mr. Jonathan H,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. I remember the incident you've mentioned very well. I know it isn't what a guest such as yourself would want to experience in the middle of a very cold winter night and I thank you for giving us your unconditional understanding of the incident. It is a reward to me and my staff to hear that we've provided you with a warm and great experience in spite of the pool incident. We look forward to serve you again.

Marlinton, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Working in the area and have been staying at this hotel for some time now. Have stayed in rooms from the first floor to the third floor. Rooms are always clean and comfortable,staff is always helpful. One week a water line busted in the roof in the pool area, Judith at the front desk responded to the problem of dealing with the guests, fire department and fire marshall very professionaly. Ruth, Judith and all other staff members are always helpful at check-in and any other times and needs. Thanks for a good experience and look forward to staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfortable. Suites are really nice and large.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ruth v, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. It was our pleasure to serve you and we are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. We hope to be at your service again when your travel plans bring you back into our area. Sincerely, Vanessa McManus General Manager