“Avoid this hotel”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Alexandria, Virginia
“Avoid this hotel”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was terrible disappointed in this hotel. Let me share why:

1) Room smelled like cigarette smoke

2) Our room air conditioner unit was loud and broke in the middle of the night. The room became so hot we transfered rooms to sleep but were told we would have to travel between rooms (3rd and 2nd floor) because the "new" room for us to sleep had plumbing issues.

3) In general the entire 3rd floor was very hot. The hallways and such were so so humid.

4) Another couple in the elevator said they had a very hot room as well and were moved to another room which was dirty then were finally moved to another room to sleep.

5) The breakfast was unlike those I have seen in other Holiday Inn properties. Only a few things that were mildly warm in dirty lloking plastic containers. I passed and decided to eat at McDonalds.

6) The enrironment and experience left me with very little sleep. I had to drive 8 hours the next day and ended up needing to stop and nap due to my lack of sleep.

7) With all of this hassel I was not offered any reduction of my bill. This would have been warranted and appreciated.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hello Brian O,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. We value your opinion and appreciate your business. My deepest apology if we fell short on your expectations and would like to inform you that your concerns have been addressed.

Vanessa McManus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Kudos to Keni and Jessica for prompt service, and quick response in attending to the issue we had. customer service was excellent. Parking was good. I would stay here again and advise others to stay here. Rose

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas and for recognizing Ken and Jessica's excellent service during your visit. It is the greatest reward for me and my team to know we have provided you with excellent and comfortable experience. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas team looks forward to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the pleasure of being helped by Keni from the Front Desk, and by far it was the best customer service I received from ANY hotel. I arrived and he was so pleasant to help me upgrade to a suite. He made sure if I had any questions, that he was able to help. When I got to the room, looks like an actual apartment. It's VERY comfortable!

• Stayed May 2014
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello Freddie R,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. It is an honor to have served you and thank you for recognizing my team's awesome service especially Keni. Your satisfaction is our reward. He hope to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Best customer service I've had in a long time! There was a slight mixup with my confirmation. I made a two room reservation at ihg.com and one of the rooms ended up with a confirmation at the Holiday Inn and the other here at the Express. We came here not knowing the mixup. Judith at the front desk was unbelievably friendly and helpful! We got it sorted out and she got me into a very nice sized queen suite for the same price. After a long day, it was SO nice to have a smiling face and awesome service! Judith recognized my IHG gold status and rewarded me with a goodie bag (bottle of water and trail mix). The hotel and this room is very clean and quiet. In the future, when I'm back in this area, I will be staying at this awesome hotel!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Mr. Kevin G,
It is a pleasure to hear that your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas was at its best. Knowing that we have provided you, our gold member, with a comfortable stay is rewarding to us. Thank you for recognizing Judith's exceptional service. My team and I looks forward to your next visit.

Troisdorf, Germany
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel during our vacation twice. We did a tour from Florida through Virigina and stayed in a lot of hotels, but this was the nicest of this category. We visited Masassas battlefield, then we chose this hotel. We had an extraordinary warm welcome at the reception by Ruth (very nice and helpful) and got a really nice room.
We liked expecially the cleanliness and spaciousness, we enjoyed the quiet rooms a lot and could sleep very well. Also the indoor pool was great!
The breakfast was o.k., but as Europeans we dispise the plastic plates and knives/forks... For the environment it would be much better to use "real" plates!
We liked the hotel so much that we came there again after our visit to Washington D.C.
As Manassas is really close to Dulles Airport (from where our flight back departed) we decided to stay there again as it was our last night in the US.
Ruth recognised us at once and was - again - very nice. The other staff members of this hotel were friendly and helpful as well.
Nowadays hotels are very similar to each other, but the staff makes the difference. We can only say that at this hotel the staff was amazing - an example for great hospitality.
Thank you for making our stay in Manassas so special!

Room Tip: The rooms located towards the Battlefield Park are really quiet - an you have a view into the woods...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello Kerstin R,

Thank you for your comments and for recognizing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas to be the "nicest hotel during your vacation tour" in the US and also for mentioning the great service my staff has provided during your visits especially Ruth's warm welcoming during both occassion of your visit to the area. It's an honor to know that we've made your I hope that my staff and I can house you again on your next visit to the US.

Steelton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Upon arrival I asked that my companies credit card be billed (which they had on file). They asked for my cc and assured me it would not be charged. Next week I check my bank statement and (of course) I WAS charged. I was assured it would be taken care of two months ago and it is still not corrected. I had to pay $20 extra to include breakfast (this was them assuming there will be two guests). I had no problem spending the $20 just for me to eat breakfast. You would think this was the best breakfast buffet in the entire world. WRONG! I've had better breakfast at 2 star hotels and it was included in the room charge. I must say the rooms were very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hello Ms. Susan F,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our breakfast. I would like to let you know that we provide daily complimentary breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. If it's okay with you I would like to discuss your concerns further and personally apologize for your inconveniences. I trust the rest of your stay went well. I hope to hear back from you and to serve you again.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Last week I was part of a group of over 140 people who spent five nights ath this hotel. Everyone was welcoming and went out of their way to make sure all our needs were met. The morning continental breakfast was varied and excellent. The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. Televisions worked great. The location was near a mall and there's a Cracker Barrel across the street and both Uno's and Wendy's within a block's walk. When I left early, the front desk clerk helpfully made the call to arrange a taxi and told me which MARTA trains to take to Union Station. Because of the staff, facilities, and location, I would eagerly stay at this Holiday Inn Express again and I look forward to doing so.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Scouter710,

Thank you for taking your time to recognize the outstanding facility and wonderful staff of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. It is truly a reward for me and my staff to know that we have serviced you, our valued guest, with great service and experience. It will be an honor to be able to serve you again in the future.