“Nice rooms, nice location”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

First impression: well this elevator smells a lot like pee. This motel will be awful.

Then we got to the room and I was pleasantly surprised! The room was clean and didn't have any odors that indicated the pet-friendliness of the place. Plenty of room, beautiful bathroom counter with ample space, fast wifi, and a quiet night's sleep (also not what I expected. The rooms exit outside rather than to an inside hallway, which usually breeds some extra noise. Not this one!). Also walking distance from a shopping center with a lot of restaurants, a Walgreens, a grocery store, and lots more.

TRAVEL HAIKU:
Just one small complaint:
The towels were very rough.
But stay was quite good!

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The new renovations made this place a convenient, pet friendly and very affordable place to stay on my way driving south. Everything was very clean. Loved the superior king room, bed was very comfortable, like the parkay flooring instead of carpet, furniture and bath room was all new. Fast and free wifi. Nice 37" flat screen TV with enough channels. Wished I could have gotten a 1st floor, but could park close to room and stairs to room on 2nd floor. It was very quiet at night for sleeping.

I only wish they had better towels, they are small and thin - not what I use at home.....

Got a super rate on the room - booking it during a cyber sale back in November.

Room Tip: Ask for superior king room - has more room, microwave and refrig.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Seems to have been recently re-furbished, but it's like lipstick on a pig. My room had a new looking wood laminate floor, a coat of fresh paint, and a comfortable enough bed, but the room still felt old and worn out. My room in this 100% non-smoking hotel still smelled of stale smoke. The clientele appeared to be almost exclusively made up of burly chain smoking construction workers. Most booking sites show this as a 2 star hotel. I think any rating above 1 star is a stretch.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ricknewsom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay at Red Roof Inn Manassas. Jeanne greeted us very pleasantly at the front desk and was very helpful and efficient. We were very comfortable for our one night stay, and in the morning, Jeff was very helpful at check out. Our room was very clean and neat, and our parrot loved sitting by the window watching the world go by! We had a great meal at the City Grille which was a stone's throw away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof in at this location for the first time. As we have found other hotels in this chain to be very reasonable with clean rooms, no frills. Pet friendly. Recently renovated. The only negative is no breakfast of any kind. Several chain restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The rooms and service were good and worth for the money. Very close to most of the eatery, but you will hit lot of traffic if you are heading to DC or Herndon during the peak hours.Close to splash down Water park

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
rrimanassas, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments on our rooms and service. We hope to see the next time you travel to Manassas.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Manassas, Virginia last year and that time it was fine. I recently spent a couple of nights there and it was a little different. The rooms have been renovated so while they aren't big, they are nice. You have to pay extra for a fridge and microwave. When I first got there, I noticed the room smelled like a dog. I like dogs so it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but I ended up wishing I had my febreze. Plus, if you're allergic to dogs this probably isn't the hotel for you because they allow pets. The thing that bothered me the most was seeing a roach in the middle of the night when I got up to go to the bathroom. It was around the sink where my toothbrush and other things were. I tried to kill it and it got away from me! I was up in the middle of the night trying to kill a roach and lost track of it. It took me awhile to go back to sleep. Other negatives: there isn't any breakfast and very few stations on the t.v. Most of the channels are sports or news. Positives: the staff was friendly, it is close to the Interstate and to restaurants. There is a restaurant across the street from the hotel. It actually seemed to be more bar than restaurant. But, I got my food to go and it was really good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your comments regarding the Red Roof Manassas. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Your feedback is very important to us and we hope to better serve you in the future.