“Good Choice”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Good Choice”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We decided to sty in Manassas for our visit to Washington, rather in Washington itself. It was a good choice. Firstly, Washington is only 30 minutes away, secondly, it was Memorial Weekend, and thirdly it enabled us to see other things in the area. The hotel was very clean and tidy, and the staff were very welcoming. Being close to the interstate was very handy, and didn't intrude on our sleep. Quiet air made it pleasant to sleep. When we went to Washington we just drove a little down the interstate to Vienna, where the Metro was clearly marked and parking was available, and took the metro into central Washington. Easy. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. Talking to some of the other guests, they were happy too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Manassas on Friday, July 11th. I was there for a concert in the area and was looking to stay somewhere close for a reasonable price.

The staff was completely unprofessional. The two women at the front desk were unfriendly and unhelpful. When asking for a place to print our concert tickets, they brushed us off and recommended searching for some sort of office supply store in the area. One of the women was eating her meal at the desk and acted as if we were disrupting her lunch break. Their tones were condescending and just plain rude, however, we were able to look past the lack of professionalism because we knew it was a low-budget inn and it was just a one night stay.

What I cannot look past is what happened later in the evening when I woke up in one of the double beds around 1am to bed bugs crawling on the sheets and myself. We packed up our things and left soon as we could. I have suffered from bed bug bites all over my abdomen and arms.

I reached out to the office the next day and they were quick to let me know she would fully refund my stay- giving me the impression this was not the first time this has happened.

To say the least, I am appalled by this situation- not only that I feel as though the level of customer service was clearly not exercised up to any standards appropriate for ANY paying guest regardless of the hotel, but also that I now have to worry about my own home after being exposed to bed bugs at the Red Roof Inn Manassas.

I would HIGHLY reccommend looking elsewhere, even for a "budget-friendly" hotel. There are other places in the area I wish I would have chosen over this Red Roof Inn!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kendra J

Travellers are raving about these Manassas hotels

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The outside looks like a typical, old motel. We arrived at night and got a little concerned. There was trash outside of some rooms (like pizza boxes, cans and take-out bags) and also some people smoking right outside the room. The inside of the room was very nice and it looked completely new, however, the room still had a lingering cigarette smoke smell (either people are not respecting the no smoking policy or it's coming in through the A/C). Our room had a King bed and it was very comfortable. The rooms are completely renovated and look very nice; however, the sink faucet was loose (not fastened with screws or caulk) and the toilet tank was leaking with every flush. There is a McDonald's right next door and other places for eating nearby. We got a really good rate so I would stay here again, only for one or two nights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luisa T
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Todays Red Roof Inns are not your parents Red Roof Inns. This hotel is located next to I-66 and the main road leading directly into downtown Manassas. The staff was courteous and the property is well maintained. Located across the street is The City Diner, around the corner are several gas station/convenience stores, and just down the street are numerous "chain" restaurants. Good value for the $, very good location. A nice place to stay.

Room Tip: This is a 3 story hotel. If you are able, bring your own pillow. Decent bed, pillows not so much.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Webster, New York
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Always enjoy staying at the Red Roof Inn when we're in the Manassas area to visit our daughter. The staff is very friendly, professional and dedicated to customer satisfaction. We like the first floor rooms where we can back the car right up to the door for easy unloading and loading. The rooms are clean, quiet and well appointed (large flat screen TV, micro wave, fridge, large desk area, suitcase rack, wi-fi).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carl H
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My favorite thing about Red Roof Inns -- the night stand with electrical outlets on the front of it!

I use a power wheelchair and travel alone, so an accessible room is very important to me. This place is acceptable. There is plenty of room to maneuver in the bathroom. The only drawback is the bathtub. If you want to shower, there is a fold down bench that is at tub height which can be a challenge since its lower than the average wheelchair. Its also what I call "an orangutang shower." You have to have arms the length of an orangutang's to reach the shower controls from the shower bench.

The accessible parking spaces directly outside the room are a bit too narrow for a van. I just snagged two standard spaces and had no problem.

Its an easy roll to the McDonald's around the corner. There are other places to eat across the street, but I think it would be safer to drive rather than roll across the street.

Overall, I'll probably stay there again for quick overnights.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Manasquan
Reviewed 1 May 2014

As usual, Red Roof Inn has made our stay a good one. We were able to leave our trailer at a warehouse we worked out of and had parking for the tractor half. Pet friendly as well with no pet fees! Always a plus for us! Checking in was quick, the counter clerk was very friendly and personable. The rooms have all been updated -our choice for 2 nights was the basic room (minus the fridge, microwave or any extras). While we enjoyed the new look and cleanliness of the room, I was disappointed in that there was an odor of previous pets which, even tho I bring my own air spray and used it vigorously, the room still smelled poorly. Too bad as this is a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Check out the pet room before needing one - make sure the pet odors aren't lingering.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business