“As good as the food we had in Greece.”

Katerina's Greek Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 297 Restaurants in Manassas
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Ithaca, New York, United States
“As good as the food we had in Greece.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had such a great experience at this restaurant. All the food we had was delicious. Portions were huge, but we could not stop eating until all the food was gone. This food was easily as good as the best meals we had when we went to Greece and our server was great too. My one complaint would be that their outdoor seating is right next to a parking lot. This place needs more space and a nice deck to go along with their amazing food.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joy T

Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
“Best Greek food I have had and I was married to a Greek”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

WE have visited Katerina's numerous times like their slogan says - "go Greek once a week". Their appetizers are meals within themselves. I love the avgolemono soup. It is lemony without being lip puckering - just the right blend with lots of chicken in it. A friend always gets the Greek salad with chicken souvlaki - the chicken is marinated and juicy. I love gyros but they are messy - the solution is to get a gyro panini where you can enjoy all the flavors of a gyro with out the mess. The popular Greek dishes of mousaka and pastitsio are also winners. They really have an extensive menu of Greek lamb and fish dishes - I am just not very adventuress - I love the classics.
I always enjoy a glass of Greek house wine. The only dish I didn't love was the rice pudding - it was a little too sweet.
Service is friendly and fast. It has to be fast since there is always a line for a table - the restaurant is small.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank MBM910
Belgrade, Serbia
“Real Greek food in an unexpected place”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

WOW! I love Greek food and even in the Washington, DC area it is hard to find excellent Greek food, not just someone's imagination of what Greek food is -- like dried out Gyros over wilted lettuce. The Dolmades with egg/lemon sauce is fabulous, as are the variety of lamb dishes. Souvlaki and Mousaka are exactly what you would get in Athens. The food is fresh and everything seems to be made on the premises. Both Katrina and her husband (the chef!) are Greek as are many of the waiters.

Located in Old Town Manassas next to the BB & T Bank there is plenty of parking if you get there after 5 PM. Although the spaces are marking no parking except for the business it is only during business hours. Even so if you get there for lunch the Old Town Parking Lot... free ... is only two blocks away. The one down side is the restaurant is small and they only take reservations for 5 or more. There can be a lengthy wait on the weekends,but they will take your cell number and call you. There are a number of shops close by and a small park to wander around in.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank s G
Amarillo, Texas
“Great food, swift service, and reasonable prices”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this restaurant! Both of us like gyros, and we've had them in Greece, though it was quite a while ago. The gyros here we're fully as good as what we remember from Athens . The portions were large, tasty, and reasonably priced. The Greek potatoes and Greek salad that came with the meal were also excellent.

The service was very friendly, and the meals were delivered promptly.

If you're in the area, or even if you're passing through on I 66, it's worth the trip into town to eat at Katerina's. There's plenty of free parking around the restaurant, and if you're there before 5 PM, you're only steps away from the railroad station and the historical displays inside.

2 Thank Stan A
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great Family-Style Greek Fare and Setting”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and attentive staff. Cozy setting. Have tried both lunch and dinner. My favorites are the gyros and souvlaki, but friends have shared theirs and I haven't been disappointed with anything. They also have a kids' menu and "American" fare.