“Lunch w/Sonia and Marcus”

The Philadelphia Tavern
Ranked #13 of 337 Restaurants in Manassas
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Food was tasty, our waiter did give me a salad instead of chips or fries. I did not think Mary's Meatballs came in a hoagie format - thought it just came on a plate with sauce and cheese. Waiter was great!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Such a great neighborhood watering hole, you almost expect everyone to yell out your name when you walk in! It is our favorite "go-to" spot for cold beer and moderately priced great food. The place is small, and gets loud, but that is all part of the experience. The Cajun pasta is awesome, spicy and filling, and their sandwiches are huge! I think they put some secret ingredient on their fries, but the wait staff swears they don't. I opt for the onion rings, which are served hot and crispy. They have a large menu for a small neighborhood bar, and everything is served in generous portions.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is my new to go place in Manassas. It is in the old town area near the train station. We went on a Saturday, so there was plenty of parking on the street and in the commuter garage. On the small side, but has tons of atmosphere. Very clean. The waitress was very attentive and the food was served hot and quick. I did not notice the townies getting any better service than the rest of us. My group of three enjoyed the chicken parmesan sandwich, the meatball sandwich,and the sausage and pepper sandwich. The servings were very large and prices affordable. Will be going back to try the cheesesteak!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Okay, so I cam here on a date and WOW was I surprised w/ the food selection and I really loved the ambiance at this place seriously try this place out you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went for lunch on a Sunday - the place was quiet, the staff was very attentive, and the food was good. I got their Philly Cheesesteak - the roll was great.

The downsides (which are super minor): I figured everything would be priced around $10, but most things went above that. They weren't playing all the football games, so if you want to watch a specific game there, I'd call ahead first.