“Home of true Punjab cooking !”
Review of Tandoori Village

Tandoori Village
Ranked #122 of 301 Restaurants in Manassas
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Clifton, Virginia
“Home of true Punjab cooking !”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Four ladies had a delicious lunch here today after our aqua class. The lunch buffet is very good and there are many dishes from which to choose. Dessert today was rice pudding which is positively delightful and the Naan bread with the buffet is hot, buttery and excellent. Today I tried the Punjab Chai tea and found it to be excellent. The décor is very colorful and culturally interesting and the service was excellent. Very friendly staff and also very courteous and helpful. Tandoori Village website is www.tandoorivillageva.com if you'd like to check the menu for your favorite items but I'm positive there is something excellent for everyone in your group at this restaurant. The exterior of the restaurant needs some work and hopefully when the weather gets warm, it'll improve...but never judge a book by its cover......Tandoori Village is a wonderful restaurant and you'll go back for seconds.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Deb S

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Pretty Good Pakistani Food”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Been here twice now... the first time the pakora and the kheer was the only thing worth eating. That was a year and today we were in the mood for pakora again so we gave it another try and this time it was a little better.

Tried the tandoori chicken (all items on the buffet) and also the chicken karahi and they weren't too bad. Rice was very good and their naan was excellent (be sure to ask for it without butter (ghee) though!).

The kheer was awesome and the pakora were good, just had been sitting a little bit before serving and weren't as fresh as they could've been.

Service is mediocre, but they are very friendly and they try to give great service. Cleanliness was a concern of mine, just looking at the outside and how things looked inside.

All in all... we'll be back. It wasn't bad.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank J E
Gainesville,Virginia
“Good Food”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The quality of the food here is outstanding , The naan is awesome and always fresh, but is not free with the buffet , and they never tell you that upfront you have to pay for it, very deceptive and hence the *** stars .Beef and chicken,veg dishes,rice are all great,The kheer(rice pudding) for desert is what keeps me coming back as i can't find a similar deal and quality anywhere nearby in the manassas area.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Bob-gainesville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pretty Solid, Kind of Pricey”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I guess for a buffet, it actually isn't all that expensive -- BUT, most buffets come WITH Naan bread and Raita sauce, and here you have to pay for it as a side dish. Don't get me wrong, it was the best Naan I've ever eaten, but I feel like that should be included when I'm paying $10 for a buffet. The actual buffet items were good, though I ate several pieces of chicken that had bones in them (and the buffet did not warn of this). Overall, I'd return here without question, but the only other odd thing about it was that the tips are left on the counter by the cash register -- so when I paid with a card while my better half left a tip on the table, I left no tip. The host scowled at me when he saw that I left no tip until the lady friend brought the tip to me and I put it in the holder. Then all was well with the world...

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TheFranchise
Montclair
“I can't make up my mind”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I have eaten here three times and although there are many pluses to the experience, there are also minuses that keep me from offering an enthusiastic endorsement.

The pluses: The staff is very cordial and responds quickly to requests. The samosas are some of the best I've ever eaten, light and crispy. As another review mentioned the naan is hot and fresh. The saag ghost was good. The take home containers keep the food fresh.

The minuses: The food quality is inconsistent. Lamb can be both tender and tough in the same dish. The chicken, although there is plenty of it, can be dry and overcooked. The curry dishes are also often dry or lacking in enough curry gravy.

One warning: They have a tendency to spice the food on an Indian scale. So if you ask for medium spice you're going to get Indian medium, which is US thermonuclear. Unless you like dining in a puddle of your own sweat, I recommend sticking with mild.

• Visited January 2014