“wingate manassas” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Manassas

Wyndham Garden Manassas
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Baltimore,MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Nice enough place to stay. Not a lot of frills. Enough for me to lay down comfortably for a nights rest. Place was clean. Staff was friendly enough. We arrived late in the evening and left early in the morning so there is not much that we were expecting other than to get a decent nights sleep.
Would stay again if in the area.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank damnp78
Falling Waters, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked the room about 5 months in advance, so the day of check in, I called ahead to confirm our reservation. They told me that I had 2 rooms reserved. I told them that I only booked 1, and only paid for 1. They told me that I had to have Getaroom.com call them, or I would be charged for 2 rooms. I called Getaroom.com, who confirmed that I only had 1 room reserved, and they took care of it. We checked in without any issues. The front desk clerk was nice. The hotel was fine. There was a wedding going on, but no problems. Got to the room, and the room was fine. Very clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was quiet. Very good bargain for the money. We went out, and when we got back, there was a card for breakfast, to leave on your door. We filled it out, assigned the time for service between 8:30am and 9:00am, and hung it on the door. We slept ok. The air conditioner cut on and off throughout the night (through the wall type). Woke up at 8:30 expecting breakfast and coffee soon after. 9:00 came, then 9:45am, and still no breakfast. I called the room service number and no answer. I called guest services, and they transferred me to room service. They picked up immediately. I asked about breakfast, and they wanted my credit card number. I told them that I left it at the front desk for incidentals, and they told me that they could not use that one for room service. They hung up. I went to the front desk. Told the clerk my story. She was polite and tried to call room service, but she got no answer as well. She had me fill out a new card for breakfast. I thanked her and went back to the room. 45 minutes went by, and still no breakfast. I started walking to the front desk again, and ran into the cart on the first floor. I asked if she was going to my room, and she said "yes." She brought the food in, and I asked her if she would like me to pay her for it, cash. She said "no," and left. I figured they comped it for being over 2 hrs late. I sat down to eat and the phone rang. It was room service asking me why I didn't pay for breakfast? I told her that I offered. She wanted to know how much I was paying so she could send the girl back with change. Tried to eat again, and there is the knock at the door. I paid the girl, who was very polite. We had no salt, pepper, or sugar with our meal/coffee. I asked her if she had any. She said "no." I thanked her and tipped. She knocked again a few minuted later, and brought back the condiments. I finally got to eat. Food was barely warm. We got our stuff together and checked out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Manassas hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We only stayed at this hotel for a night, but out of all of the hotels in the Northern Va area, this is probably the worst one I've stayed at. Although the front desk attendant was friendly, the rooms were very small, outdated, and somewhat unclean. The bathroom in the room we stayed in was very outdated as well, the toilet was a bit uncomfortable to sit on, and there was virtually no counter space for any toiletries. The shower handle was a bit touchy, and it took awhile to get the water temperature just right. There was also no bathtub in our room, only a walk-in shower stall. The AC unit was very loud, and it was only about a foot from the bed. The only positive thing was that the location is nice, easy access in and out, and plenty of restaurants in the area. I probably wouldn't stay again, but it may be appealing to budget travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We found the Hotel by chance having changed our plans to stay close to Washington. Receptionist was polite enough but not the welcome I expect from an American Hotel...reminded me of the UK!. Location is perfect with plenty of restaurants nearby. Beds spacious and beds really comfortable. Indoor and outdoor pool and small gym were welcome but sadly the Hotel is in need of some TLC and management. As with other reviews the voucher system for breakfast is very confusing and seems to make absolutely no sense at all. $5 for 2 breakfasts which is good value until you turn up in the restaurant in the morning and it is an absolute shambles, no staff and the whole experience made us feel that breakfast was an afterthought as when a staff member finally appeared she seemed genuinely surprised to see us let alone serve us. We managed to secure a good rate and it worked for what we needed. We would not hurry back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family