“Great experience”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My mouth was surprised to find at Bacchus Bistro Chic the food that my head was thinking of since a very long time ago.Incredible taste of food, staff very friendly and well trained, a genuine french wine which is very well recommanded by a connaisseur, Mr.Marcelin.The building is a beautiful house, right in the middle of the city, with a big terasse. I was there three times and every time I felt so special, so... <<je ne sais quoi>>.Either you live in Bacau or you're just a tourist, folow my advice and go to this restaurant. You will have one of your greatest experience ever.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank al t

“simply the best!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm live in Bacau from more then 16 years, but NEVER eat so good!!

Really a new experience by a real french kitchen, If you are in Bacau... dont loose it!!!

• Visited May 2014
“Great food !”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was one of my best dining experiences !
The service was impecable, the food exquisite and the drinks as well.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“What A Surprise!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I didn't know what to expect of this restaurant in Bacau, Romania. It was in a very lovely building that was once a museum. The decor inside was red, black and silver. The wait staff was very well trained and attentive. The wine selection was excellent, each dish was carefully made and tasty. Let's face it, Bacau is a town in economic strife. Since the fall of communism, it has lost industry and employment. There are several universities but there aren't many elegant restaurants in the area. Bacchus stands out. Thanks for two lovely evenings, Bacchus staff!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank bbails
Bucharest
“Best kept secret - yet”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I waited to go there twice before posting a review - to make sure that the first time was not a "happy mistake". Well, I am glad to report that it wasn't, and I was not daydreaming. The place is nice - I would say unexpectedly nice, but this would only testify for my limited imagination and stereotypical thinking, right? :). Food was great and cooked with respect for taste and the quality of ingredients. I had the creamed pumpkin soup with coquilles Saint Jacques because it sounded crazy (I love crazy) and I fell in love from the first spoon. The creamiest I've ever head (and I had my share, believe me). The tiger prawns with ginger and orange sauce were melting in my mouth (although not exactly prawns). The French wine was delicately dry and had the right temperature.
The place is nicely decorated, in vivid sexy hues of red and black downstairs, more reserved browns and whites upstairs, so everybody can find a cozy corner in their likings. Nice music, soft enough not to interfere with the conversations. TV flat screens placed here and there, for the visually addicted.
Service is as good as the food. Make sure you get there when Dragos is on duty. Careful, informative, very good suggestions - and a nice a guy on top of his professional manners.
All in all, a place good enough to make us return there twice in 36 hours. :)

• Visited February 2014