“So, so”
Review of The GuestHouse

The GuestHouse
Ranked #7 of 100 Bran B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The villa isn't well insulated, you can hear almost every noise, both inside and outside. Trash was taken only after we asked. Every shower bathroom floor was full of water - probably a problem shower.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Raluca D

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here in October and it was amazing. When we were there, we were the only people in the house and our room had an amazing view of Bran castle. The host was very nice and breakfast was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed with our kids (of age 2 and 7) for a week and it was lovely ! Big rooms, clean, nice living and terrace, and the children's favourite: a biiiig garden full of toys !
And the location is very central, at just few minutes from the castle, we could go by foot even with the 2 years old.
We will definitely be coming back !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We recently visited Romania (Bran) for a family holiday with our 16 month old daughter and my In-Laws. We chose The Guesthouse due to the reviews we had read on Trip Advisor and I happy to say the reviews were spot on following our week's stay. Where to start with my review as I dont normally write reviews. This Guesthouse is defintiely worthy of a review as I couldnt fault any aspect of our stay.

Hospitality - We were greeted by John and Ioana at The Guesthouse Reception and were made to feel at home from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. There was such a relaxing and comforting atmosphere on arrival and John explained the local areas of interest. It was a nice surprise to hear a fellow Northen accent since travelling with my Family from Surrey. He spoke very passionately about Romania and has left me intrigued with the Country. I still dont feel as though Ive explored all Romania has to offer and we saw a lot of Transylvania and I cannot wait to visit again. The Transfagaras was defintely a highlight as recommended by John; the views are spectacular. John even checked the local camera to ensure it was worth visiting on the day as if foggy, its not worth visiting apparently. Whilst staying at The Guesthouse, I celebrated my brithday. John and Ioana in co-ordination with my wife arranged a brilliant evening at the Wolf Restaurant nearby in the VIP area. The views of the mountains were superb (I cant wait to see how my wife will top off my birthday next year lol!!!). It just seemed as though nothing was too much trouble for them and were happy to help with any of our requests.

Garden - Our daughter loved the huge garden area and we had to prise her away each morning. She loved chasing the rabbits and other animals around the garden.

Food - excellent. John and Ioana arranged an evening meal on one evening and the food was really good and all locally sourced. The breakfast was also very good with a great variety each morning. It was great to hear their passion for local produce and John explained that they grow all their own produce where posssible. These included vegetables, fruits, nuts, jams made from their own fruit, to even making their own cheeses and providing fresh eggs from their chickens.

Rooms - The rooms were very spacious even with the cot bed for our daughter which was provided free of charge. They were cleaned to a high standard as I checked out of habit (being a Hospitalty Manager) and we had a brilliant view of the Castle from our top floor room. The first floor balcony also offers really good views of the Castle. The location is a very amenable being 1 minutes walk from Bran centre and John advised of the best places to eat and drink.

All in all, I cannot find a bad word to say about this complex and its owners. I cannot wait to visit again and I will defintely be staying with John and Ioana again.

I just want to finish by saying a really big "thank you" to you both for making our family holiday a memorable one!!!!

Room Tip: The top floor room overlooking the Castle is superb, although a great view of the Castle from the ba...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 163Fenners50
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Guest House is a rare find indeed. John and Ioana belong to a species which is increasingly uncommon these days - that of the kind guest house owner who is truly committed to the comfort of his or her guests. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone more helpful than John - it seemed that nothing was too much trouble for him. Not only did he anticipate our questions and venture information and ideas for our too-short stay at the guest house (rather than waiting for us to ask), and keep in contact with us after our stay (as we left something there) but he is also passionate about Romania and a truly interesting and inspiring person to talk to, too. It was also great to talk to another English person and see how he views the changes in eastern Europe from a western perspective :)

As for the property itself - it has a fantastic location, just off the main road rather than on it, and a 1 min walk from the centre with all the restaurants. The house is just lovely, the rooms very comfortable, tastefully-furbished and clean. We had the twin-bedded room without a view of the castle (we could see the mountains instead), but it is perfect and spacious enough for two friends sharing for a few days. The breakfasts, as previously mentioned, are great (and always too much for us!). The garden is a heaven for children and I imagine great to sit outside for people of all ages, too.

Thank you once more; if I do ever make my way back to Transylvania I'll be sure to stay at the Guest House again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Was so relieved when we pulled onto the driveway the hotel literally just around the corner from the beautiful village of Bran. The hotel was just a beautiful with the lovely gardens for the kids it was so much better than i had hoped for or expected. We had a warm welcome from John who began speaking Romanian to my partner until I stepped up with my London accent and then i got the pleasant surprise of an English reply. The inside was as lovely as the outside, our room on the top floor was perfect and with a beautiful view out to Bran Castle, which was even better at night! John made us welcome throughout or stay and spent a lot of time speaking to the guests and making us feel like we were at home. The kids loved the garden and playing with the rabbits and other tame animals wandering around. We definitely made the right choice in staying here thanks to previous reviews on tripadvisor, you wont find a better place to stay in Bran!

Room Tip: Definitely go from family room top floor facing Bran castle.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

The only unfortunate encounter, was that we couldn't stay longer. The place is amazing and John is amazing. He supplied us with special meal for us (no pig) and was helpful with everything.
Also is awesome just to chat with. Really recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013