“As Pristine as the Snow on the Sierra Nevada Mountains”
Review of Ray's Den Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Independence
Ray's Den Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Independence
Sierra Madre, California
“As Pristine as the Snow on the Sierra Nevada Mountains”
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Came in late on Friday night after a long, cold motorcyle trip. The owner, Linda, had graciously stayed up to hand me the key to my room. The room was sparkling clean and the bed and furniture were in fine condition. Cannot overstate how clean and comfortable the room was. When traveling elesewhere, my wife books us into expensive lodgings but I haven't been more content in a long while than I was in Rays Den. Linda is a great conversationalist and a dedicated owner whose professionalism is obvious the moment one steps into one of the eight rooms available at Rays Den. Don't forget to appreciate the flowers outside of the rooms, they weren't there before Linda bought the business.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Minden, Nevada
Reviewed 6 April 2010

One of the nicest cleanest motels we have ever stayed in. Linda ,the owner has shown care with the whole property. Not large, but just right for your needs. All the other reviews are right on ! You feel welcomed here! Highly recomended!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
arizona
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I have visited for the past 3 years as a get away retreat over the winter holiday season (Xmas-New Years) n a small quiet town atmosphere that I enjoy walking in. Linda is a warm-hearted host who keeps the rooms immaculate. I enjoy the sun- always-and the southern windows are a welcome to my stay. The internet and cable access with 50+stations, microwave, and coffeemaker provide the conveniences. Plus, Linda has small personal library of books from which you can read while you enjoy your stay. The local libary is just a block away.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Oregon
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Linda Ellsworth, owner & operator, is delightful. She keeps a wonderful, clean motel. One of those gems you come across while traveling and are so glad you did! I have never been moved to look up a motel & write a review. Loved Ray's Den!
Dick & Julie Hess
Oregon

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
orange county
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Hi Linda,
My boys an I and My "fishing buddy" Steve stay at this little gem when we fish the Owens Valley. Linda is a perfect host and we absolutely enjoy our stay. She's the best!!! Runs a perfect place. See you soon!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
San Luis Obispo County, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I have scheduled my motorcycle riding club's Owens/Death Valley tours to headquarter in Independence several years in a row. Several of us have reserved the entire motel. And we were never disappointed at the quality, cleanliness, price and friendliness of the place. I recommend it without limitation. You will rarely find accomodations nicer [ and the proprietress has the fluffiest towels in town.]

Stayed March 2008
LA
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I stay here when I go to Lone Pine/ Sierra Nevada... I love this place, it's clean, the owner is friendly and it has the most beautiful views in the sierra's. I will always recommend this place to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bre333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Comfort Inn - Lone Pine
#3 of 3 in Independence
Mt. Whitney Motel
Mt. Whitney Motel
#8 of 8 in Lone Pine

Been to Ray's Den Motel? Share your experiences!