“Not bad at all, as some other reviews claim”
Review of Hotel Princess

Hotel Princess
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bar
Switzerland
“Not bad at all, as some other reviews claim”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I found the hotel by chance driving around looking for any hotel. I consider to have been lucky since I actually found it quite nice. Travelling during low season I was told that there were only seven other guests (Russians) staying in the hotel, which has more than one hundred rooms. The lobby area is huge, the hotel design kind of cool with every floor visible from the lobby area. The room was absolutely up to standard, no remarks. The spa with the sauna area was excellent (I found the Russians there), in fact very modern with cool rain-forest showers, Turkish bath, Roman bath and Finnish sauna. Instead of water in the sauna bucket you could fill it with ice/snow-crush from a ice/snow machine. Cool! :-) Dinner was fine, very classy tables and a nicely dressed waiter. Nothing wrong with the food either. The reception lady claimed that the hotel was the very best in Bar. Well, maybe. Next morning, at check-out, I was asked what I was doing in Montenegro. I guess, vacation in mid-winter and low temperatures is not standard-travel. I didn't check out the beach. :-) The only drawback, in my opinion, is the fairly high price. In low season it's fair, but the price-list for high season was double that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank berrahugo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Podgorica, Montenegro
Reviewed 18 January 2012

With lack of customer service and poor staff, overpriced, hotel is at a good location. Just couple of meters from hotel is a beach (lousy, by the way).
Rooms are clean, buffet breakfast. Nice outside pool, and at evening there is a music band with not so good repertory.
They charge internet in hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MissionManPg
Nyons, France
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The staff was your typical Montenegrin type of staff meaning lacking in customer service. The hotel had a good location but for the price I felt it was not up to par.

And than there was the dead dog on the street....the staff told us (the local government) puts poison out to kill all the street animals and to be careful with our 2 year old daughter as the poison is highly toxic to people as well! Until Montenegro EVOLVES we are not coming back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Anna D
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 20 August 2011

One would expect a better service for 186EUR (double room). "Better" as in:

- Displaying price information in English at the reception (it was in their language only)
- Mentioning the price is per person when asked for the room rate (when I requested the price, I was given the rate for person, despite the fact my girlfriend was with me)
- Giving more than 1 piece of soap and 1 little bottle of shampoo in double room (we only got 1 of each)
- A clean toilet (the toilet in our room had a hygiene band around it, but was actually plain dirty)
- Real coffee and juice for breakfast
- Filling up the mini-bar (it was half empty when we checked in the room)

Concerning the latter, I was asked whether I had consumed anything from the mini bar when checking-out. I, nor my girlfriend, hadn't. When leaving the hotel we were stopped by the door man and escorted back to the reception where we were told we did consume from the mini bar: 4 small bottles of mineral water. In front of a pretty full lobby I was being accused of having lied about this. The receptionist then told me to go upstairs and sort it out with the room maid. I needed to accompany her in our room while she was going through all the trash bins in order for me to witness her finding the missing bottles. As we hadn't consumed anything, this didn't happen. Back in the lobby, the receptionist let us go on the verdict of reasonable doubt. This ruined the rest of our trip in Montenegro.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TimLRG
Voula, Greece
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I was there in the first days of August. This is a very nice hotel located near to the port and the beach promenade of the town. Nice clean spacius rooms, all with a/c and big bathrooms.
Nice breakfast and meals buffet. Very polite stuff, helps you in everything
There is also a equipped gym and indoor and outdoor pools.
You can also have a grat time at the evening with the caffe and live music restaurants just beside the hotel. The town center is in walking distance (about 5 min)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank gpec
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Perfectly positioned for the ferry-port, we were allowed to check in at 8 o'clock in the morning at no extra cost because our room was ready. Our every communication with [no longer Azalea] Princess staff was positive; from welcoming emails during booking to helpful professional staff at reception and friendly breakfast waiters.

Set back slightly from the promenade with the outdoor swimming pool between the back of the hotel and the sea, Princess takes up a commanding position without obvious displays of ostentation. Inside, the reception area is airy and spacious with a lobby bar and small business area with reasonably priced high-speed internet. The rooms are arranged around a central atrium so that all rooms have views of the sea or the mountains. Our room overlooked the swimming pool and sea and our balcony was roomy and sunny in the middle of the day. Both bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean and the twin beds were very comfortable.

Breakfast was a cooked buffet with a very good selection of hot vegetarian dishes and gorgeous local cakes. Fruit juice, like other hotels in Montenegro, turned out to be squash but there was a good selection of fresh fruit on offer. Coffee is brought to your table and when it's busy it can be difficult to catch the waiter's eye for a 2nd cup but when he realises you're coffee fiends you won't go thirsty again!

In our 2 night stay we made good use of the indoor and outdoor pools. Both were meticulously looked after and well staffed. A sauna and steam room are available at an extra cost but we didn't try them as the weather was glorious and Bar an unexpected pleasure. There is a relaxed feel to Bar and every evening the town comes alive with people of all ages promenading up and down, often making a nightly stop to inspect the outdoor pool. Local beaches are clean and calm with a gentle slope and a 10 minute walk to Šušanj will reward you with a more expansive beach area backed by woodland.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ClairkeithTeddy
Arnhem
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I stayed here for a couple of days in November, clearly off season. It was very quiet. Some people from the capital taking a seminar but no holiday goers. I think on some minor points the service and hospitality leave to be desired but my overall experience was not too bad. When I complained that the door to the balcony did not close properly it was immediately taken caren of. But when I wanted to change a one hundred euro note from the cash machine in the hotel lobby (what a bank to think that you can pay in a regular shop with a one hundred euro note!), the receptionist said she had no cash money...

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank PenkiArnhem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bar
Sato Hotel
#5 of 11 in Ulcinj
Hotel Slovenska Plaza
Hotel Slovenska Plaza
#10 of 24 in Budva

Been to Hotel Princess? Share your experiences!