“Clean, luxurious, super friendly”

Alora Valley View Accommodations
Ranked #2 of 12 Alora B&B and Inns
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Clean, luxurious, super friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We were only able to stay a short two days here on our touring holiday of Andalucia. Would have loved it to be longer, but glad for the time we had here. Our accommodation (in the self catering apartment) was superbly clean and really had that high end hotel feel in the furnishings. The shower with side jets particularly impressed me.

The location is superb, with a great view indeed over the valley. (The pool area would be an idyllic chill out in summer) It's also very convenient for visiting some of Andalucias best natural attractions, with the El Torcal area not too far away and El Chorro gorge literally just up the road. It's also handily close to Malaga airport without being in any way too near the godawful coastal towns and resorts.

Jan Roger was super friendly, interested, and helpful. Even helped us get our muddy walking gear laundered. Thanks!

Only slight issue might be that the self catering in the flat could have done with a few extra utensils and things, but I'm sure Jan Roger would have provided anything we might have asked for. It was absolutely fine for a short stay and not nearly a big enough issue to bring this down from full marks.

If you do visit make sure you place close attention to the driving directions they provide. It is a little complicated to find. Also good to have a look on google street view before your visit, which made it much easier for us. And then watch out for Alora's mental drivers when you're there!! Wouldn't hesitate to book again though on a future visit. A really superb accommodation provider.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed 11 nights in September 2012. It went by so quick and yet, I'd do it all over again. I love Álora and how secluded it is from the touristy coast. Waking up to the overlook of the valley with all the citrus and olive trees each morning was paradise. Breakfasts were stupendous and fresh each morning. JR outdid himself each morning and even fried me some chorizo on bread for lunch one day without hesitation.

I worked remotely and did emails and calls while I stayed here and the Internet was plenty fast for all of my needs. If only I had that view at work every day and could work on the porch again, I'd be in heaven.

If you're looking for a place to get away from the hustle and crowds, a place that is tranquil and breathtaking, look no further and book your stay here.

Spain holds a special place in my heart and now so does my time spent here with James and JR.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

James and Jan Roger gave us a very kind and warm welcome, and looked after us extremely well. The apartment was spotlessly clean, well planned and very comfortable. The setting is tranquil and beautiful, we couldn't stop gazing at the views of the mountains and valley. Jan Roger went to great trouble to provide us with delicious meals, even specially researching vegetarian ideas for us.We loved the attention to detail in all that our hosts did for us . Although we managed the easy train journey to Alora this time, we will consider hiring a car next time we go. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we are hoping to return next year.

Room Tip: The apartment is excellent value and very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan B
Herentals, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We were a family of tree;we stayed in the apartment for 10 days ; it was the best apartment we ever had on our trips: large, superclean,, good equipment, nice viiew and, very important, James and Jan Roger are excellent hosts; the apartment is 2 km from Alora Town; car desirable;

thanks for all, Griet Iris and Rudi from Herentals, Belgium

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Myself and my Husband stayed for 9 nights at Alora Valley View, and it was a wonderful experience from start to finish. The views are amazing and the peace and tranquil setting is just what we were looking for.
We stayed in the Canada Room on a bed and breakfast basis, the room is lovely and for breakfast we had a choice of cold or hot food which was really nice.
Jan Roger and James who run the guesthouse are fantastic hosts and made us feel very much at home.

We have already booked for next year, can't wait to go back.

Liz & Shay

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beth9
Lørenskog, Akershus, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We were a family of four traveling with a friend. Our family stayed in the apartment and our friend in the Norway room. We stayed for 16 days and enjoyed the hole trip. It was an ideal location for visiting different places in Andalucia. The Town Alora had a lot to offer too. The hostes provided excellent service and the accommodations was truly lovely. We will for sure come back to Alora Vally View Accomodaions. A very peaceful place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Valhalla, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was travelling with a friend I haven't seen in 7 years (we met while I was doing a semester in Melbourne, Australia) and we stayed here the last 2 nights of our short trip around southern Spain. This was definitely a wonderful place to end our trip. James and Jan Roger were excellent hosts, couldn't be more accommodating. They are also excellent cooks - I highly recommend eating at the B&B at least one night. The beds are also the most comfortable beds I may have ever slept in! The location is pretty out of the way, but after driving our car through the various cities and towns with the windiest, narrowest, steepest streets I have ever seen, it was refreshing to be kind of in the middle of nowhere. We spent one day at El Chorro and a great time. We did the hike they suggested but then kept going until we reached the peak (kind of meandering off and onto trails - but since it's wide open you don't have to worry at all about getting lost). Then we spent the rest of the day in the water - it's such a beautiful area. I highly recommend spending some time in this part of Spain and at Alora Valley View in particular.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alora
Complejo Turistico Rural La Garganta
Caminito del Rey
Caminito del Rey
#2 of 18 in Alora
Hidden Valley Andalucia

Been to Alora Valley View Accommodations? Share your experiences!