“Excellent curry”
Review of El Gallego - CLOSED

El Gallego
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This was probably one of the best curry I have ever tasted! Cant wait to go back and other time and have some more! Good service and they altso had a pooltable.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have already written a review about this restaurant weeks ago i find it really annoying when you don't bother to print it and don't even give a reason for not printing it !
I live in Alora and have visited the restaurant many times because it is so good -NOT because I am associated with them in ANY way.
I don't think, this should mean that my review has no value

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Anna and Ramon are not only the best cooks in Alora, but also the friendliest and most congenial hosts. I wish that they were still located up in the town centre (where I live), but their new bar in the Barriada el Puente offers more space, a bigger and better kitchen and a fantastic sunny outdoor terrace. The food is always outstanding and the drinks are always reasonably priced.... what more could you ask for? Another bonus is the best pool table in town.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We've visited friends in the lovely town of Alora before, but this was the first time we had been to El Gallego. The owner's Ana and Ramon we're very welcoming towards me, partner & 18 month toddler. The food was excellent. All was very well priced with nice sized portions. Drinks were well priced as well. The new bar is lovely with nice decor and a nice range of different people and languages around the place. Would highly recommend and can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Oh Joy! Good food and something a bit 'different' to the usual local fare without having to travel to the city. We have been regular customers for a while and have always thought Anna to be one of the best cooks in the area. She and Ramon are lovely hosts and have recently moved to their new large and comfortable premises in the Barriada. She is a really inventive cook and always coming up with new ideas. She will do almost anything to order, including excellent vegetarian choices. We are keen fans of her Curries, which are mostly recipes from her native Mauritius. If you ever thought a Biryani was a run of the mill dish you should try Anna's delicately spiced and multi-flavoured Mauritian Biryani - quite different and ten times as good. If your taste buds are getting bored, just give them a treat and go.