“Liek in a museum... or old stone-made castle - great for golf!”

Villa Padierna Palace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Benahavis
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Terrific place! Very... cold and official atmosphere in the building... aristocratic and high-class! I loved it for its uniquensess! Perfect spot for golf-lovers... be prepared to pay big money... It ios not cheap, but it is great! Business class place, not for couples! It is like... you feel the queen or king there!

Room Tip: take a room with view to the golf course
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Villa Padierna Palace Hotel

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have just come back from a short break at this hotel and I cannot fault it at all. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel like royalty. Our car was parked for us, we were taken to our room by the extremely friendly receptionist who offered to give us a tour of the hotel. Our room (121) was immaculate with a lovely terrace looking out over the pool. The hotel grounds are beautiful and although there were plenty of people staying in the hotel you often felt as though you had the whole place to yourself. There was a lovely sense of calm whereever you went and all the staff were extremely friendly and eager to please. The spa is out of this world with lots of different steam rooms and saunas and a heated indoor pool. Once again, we felt as though we virtually had the spa to ourselves.

We had gone for a romantic break and I cannot think of a more fitting setting. I felt like a celebrity the whole time I was there. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone and extend my thanks to all the staff for making our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This hotel is located in the centre of an amazingly beautiful golf resort. Our room was so tranquil, a really luxurious bathroom, seperate bath and shower large double vanity, lovely toiletries. We had a private balcany overlooking the gardens and amphitheatre.

The staff on reception were extremely helpful and friendly. The restaurant staff were friendly, cheerful and professional and they were o nice at breakfast time too. The breakfast was VG with eggs cooked to order.

There was a lovely swimming pool area and the lounge was really impressive.

The ned was very comfy, free wifi in the lounge or pay for a 24 hour card.

You do need a car as Puerto Banis and Marbella are about a 15 minute drive away.

The only thing I would mention is that smoking is permitted on the restaurant terrace which as a non smoker I was quite disappointed as it affected our access to sit out on the lovely terrace.

However I still consider this to be an absolutely beautiful hotel with great staff.

The rooms are also cleaned very well and the cleaning staff always greeted you as you walked past in a morning.

Just areally nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: We were flying with BA and I checked their site to compare and as we stayed for 4 nights we were abl...
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My wife and I returned from here less than 2 weeks ago and we had a wonderful time I cannot understand some of the reviews I have seen on this site. Yes the location is a little inland and away from the centres of Puerto Banus and Estepona but that is normal with Golf hotels like this I have stayed ones that are far more remote (I had and would recommend a car). As for the service and the staff I thought they were excellent they made us welcome from the moment of arrival until we left even though they were busy with a large wedding party for some of the time and nothing was too much trouble. Yes only one restaurant was open at a time in the evening but I thought the food was excellent (I completely disagree with the comments in this area) on the evenings we dined there which was 4 times (which is not a reflection on the hotel we like to travel around and go different places in the evenings), breakfast was good. To round this off the rooms are excellent and the golf courses Flamingos fantastic a bit busy in the morning but quieter PM and Aferini was very quiet both times I played it.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have stayed here every year for the last five years and will be going there again next week 12th october.

Normally go in November for a golfing trip and have always been lucky with the weather.

The hotel offers great value for money if you golf but if you dont god knows what you could do as its miles away from the main areas.The rooms are superb and most offer large balconies.The food is usually targeted at golfers and is excellent. I have never eaten in the main dining room so I cant comment on its fare.

Room Tip: go for a suite as its not much more expensive and you get little extras like a coffe machine in the...
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank barney c
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Just returned from a week 19th-26th September 2011 at the Villa Padierna on half board terms.
Room and hotel surrounds definitely 5 star. Breakfast food and choice very good.
Unfortunately the restaurants are definitely not 5 star- most of the time only one restaurant was open limiting choice of venue and menu. No choice of food in restaurant Padrona - set menus of very small portions of pretentious food.
Beware of drinking in Eddys bar as a Gin & tonic will set you back 17.50 euros +tax for each drink. We only found this out after we received a bill for 70 euros+tax for 4 Gin & tonics.
We are still waiting on the Quality manager to reply to us after seeing her general manager with regard to our complaints regarding restaurant food quality and closure of the restaurants even though they are advertised to be open to give a choice of eating venue.
Hotel OK if you only want bed and breakfast and that you will be eating and drinking outside the hotel each night.
The hotel advertises that the chef was trained under a Michelin chef - we failed to see any evidence of this - The lady breakfast chef should possibly replace the Michelin trained chef as she appeared to be the only chef to provide what was ordered.
Overall rating 5 star surrounds, 2 star food and 3 star staff.

Room Tip: Request a balcony with golf view
1  Thank ian b
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I had the opportunity to evaluate this hotel for two nights, sample some spa treatments, and experience the restaurants, lobby service, and spend a little time chatting up wait staff and front desk personnel. I also visited with the onsite physician and spa staff.

I was very pleased with my stay and accommodations. The food at each meal was well prepared, served at the proper temperature, and plated attractively.

The spa treatments were lovely, however, the spa staff did not speak enough English to be able to explain treatments, obtain consent or explain ingredients in products. The spa manager noted this and was able to fluently explain everything to my satisfaction.

There is an excellent hospital just off the property, with patient rooms that have unobstructed views of the Mediterranean, and prices that beat US hospitals hands down for orthopedics, heart surgery, infertility, and more. The hotel is in a great place to accommodate recuperating medical travelers.

Meeting accommodations and conference space was well designed with excellent AV setup onsite.

The beach club has cabanas, and areas to have a picnic, play tennis, or relax on the sand.

Room Tip: South side has beautiful golf course views. I was on the third floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benahavis
Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella
Marriott's Playa Andaluza
Gran Melia Don Pepe
Gran Melia Don Pepe
#5 of 70 in Marbella

Been to Villa Padierna Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!