“Amazing, romantic, a trip down memory lane...”

Villa Padierna Palace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Benahavis
Harlington, United Kingdom
“Amazing, romantic, a trip down memory lane...”
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We lived just down the road from this great hotel for years and used it on many a warm evening for drinks and cocktails in the lovely bar and terrace. From our first date here...The romance worked and several years and a move back to the UK saw us visiting for a long weekend with our baby daughter...
It was wonderful as usual and the most relaxing few days we have had with a small person in tow!
Great staff, great rooms, brilliant value, baby friendly and a definite must stay for this area.
So for all if you looking for a touch of romance or hoping for a sprinkle of baby dust...this is the place to go :-) x

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank FionaM71
Martin S, Director General at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Guest,

I am truly thankful for your touching words.
It is very rewarding to find that all our hard work really does leave a mark on our guests.

It is always nice to have you with us, and I truly hope that we will be seeing each other soon again.

Best Regards,

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
London
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Having read recent reviews, we were slightly concerned about the levels of service at Hotel Padierna. Thankfully our worries were unfounded. This is an elegant, restful hotel and the friendly staff could not do enough to ensure all their guests were well looked after. Our junior suite overlooked the golf course (no balcony). The room itself was extremely spacious, very well furnished and spotlessly clean. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. There was plenty of wardrobe/storage space and a roomy seating area. The bathroom was large with separate shower and bath and two wash basins.

We stayed on a B&B basis and found the breakfasts tasty and cooked to order. We spent time at the pool and also at the nearby beach club (free hotel shuttle service); the food at the beach club restaurant was particularly good and the service there swift and attentive.

We dined in La Veranda restaurant one night which we enjoyed. Other evenings we ventured out to neighbouring towns and villages.

Lack of free wi-fi access and limited TV channel choice is disappointing, but those would be the only slight criticisms.

This is an extremely well run hotel, fully deserving of its 5 star status. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LondonGolfer50
Martin S, General Manager at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you have had such a great stay with us.
It is truly gratifying to see that our guests enjoy their experience with us and that they value our hard work.

We are in the process of resolving the issues with our wifi access system, and have already broadened our tv-channel offers.

I honestly hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon.

Nottingham, England
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon in July. We had emailed and asked for a room with a balcony and when we arrived we were escorted to a beautiful large room with a massive balcony. The balcony had a sofa and a table and chairs.

We also had a cake and some Cava in our room as a wedding present. This was a lovely touch.

The bed was super comfy. Water pressure in the bathroom was really strong. Air conditioning worked well too. The only downside is that you have to pay for internet in your room. The english TV choice was also not brilliant.

The pool area was also beautiful. Most days we were the only people out until at least lunch time. Even in the afternoon there were plenty of seats for everyone. There was no service around the pool unless you went into the cafe and bought a drink to take back to your seat. This was slightly irritating.

We had breakfast included in our rate every day. You could have any food from the buffet or hot food made to order. The food was ok not amazing. They had freshly squeezed orange juice which was incredible!

We also ate dinner in this restaurant once (it was only open once in the evening during our stay) and there was a great choice. The food was outstanding. We did have to wait quite a long time for service.

The fancy restaurant was open the other nights. This menu is smaller and more expensive and as my husband is fussy with food we didn't eat here. We ate at Eddy's bar one night (burgers and sandwiches) and had room service the other night. The person who took our room service order did not know what was on the menu. He had to ring back twice to clarify our order and when the food turned up my fish was not the same as the description in the menu (still very tasty). They also add a surcharge for room service. When they only have one restaurant open I think this is unfair.

We also ate at the pool cafe each day. Here the food was good. In general the same things are available on each menu at the hotel. This means if you stay for more than a couple of days the food would get very repetitive. We also found that the hotel opened and closed restaurants as it felt like it rather than at the times advertised. This was quite frustrating.

Overall a truly beautiful hotel. The staff are friendly there are just not enough of them!

Room Tip: We emailed to ask for a room with a Balcony and were given a lovely room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam S
Martin S, Director General at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very thankful that you have taken the time to give us your comments about your stay.
We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed yourself, and that our team of professionals has enriched your experience with us.
Concerning the lack of staff issue, we have already been taking care of it, also I will be getting together with our F&B managing team to resolve possible issues with the service and the food variety.

I would like to thank you again for your constructive criticism, which always helps us to improve our professionalism and service quality.

I hope that we will be welcoming back soon.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed in the hotel from from Sept.2 to Sept.9, 2012. The hotel has very nice location, if you look for rest, peace and tranquility and you like to play golf and relax. There were almost no children in the hotel, what we highly appreciated and there are no amenities for children, so this would be an ideal adults only location...
The room was really nice, spacious with beautiful loggia and big bathroom, well cleaned.
The swimming pool also clean, well kept and big enough to really swim.
This is the end of positive points...
The hotel is very expensive, so you expect at least a bottle of water every day, FREE INTERNET, FREE PARKING OF THE CAR and BREAKFAST INCLUDED. The breakfast in the hotel costs 30EUR/person and the menu is very limited, absolutely not worth the money - no you have to pay extra for everything above mentioned.
The biggest problem for us - in 7 days we had to survive 3 weddings, so 3 nights you can not sleep properly. Especially one, was an absolute horror - fireworks directly under my balcony by the pool and extremely loud disco music till 3AM. We did not sleep a minute at that night. Really horrible story. and the attitude of the hotel - NO APPOLOGY, NO COMPENSATION for that disaster. I wanted to speak to the boss, only his personal assistant was available... I informed the lady, that I am not going to pay for that night as I pay in the hotel to sleep in and we did not sleep at all. The lady accepted this and told us she would arrange the deduction from our room account - this was not done, no compensation no appology, nothing. The guest is really the last in this hotel and money made by the weddings is the king! So if you do not like to participate on the wedding of the others at least 2-3 times a week and prefer to sleep during the night, do not go to this hotel. It could have been a very nice hotel, but...

Room Tip: ask for the room with balcony - there is a lot of rooms only having small windows
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katarina K
Dear Guest,

I am truly thankful for your comments, I am very sorry to hear that your experience with us has been rather unpleasant.

I will get together with my team in order to provide a solution for the mentioned issues.

I hope that none the less we will be able to welcome you soon again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

On arrival on the Wednesday we were taken to our Room, with a balcony as requested, we got a balcony, overlooking a dirty old felt flat roof, and next to the Hotel air conditioning machinery, the noise was horrible, we asked to be moved but were told that the hotel was full, which it was not, we asked to be moved again and were told that there was a wedding at the hotel on the coming weekend and they would rather save the nice rooms for them in case any of them wanted to book in and stay. Although the Room was very nice, We could not use the balcony once or leave our doors open from the noise of the machinery. I ordered a toasted sandwich with room service that evening and what arrived was disgusting, a wet half toasted sandwich with a few pasty white chips with a bit of old lettuce on the side. It cost 10 euros!! Plus a 5 euro delivery charge plus 3% tax. I would have got better at McDonalds. Tea or coffee in your room is only available via room service at 8 euros. We asked to speak to the Manager, twice, regarding the noise from the machinery and were told he was in the hotel and would ring us, We are now back in England and still waiting for the phone call. The service was definitely not 5* neither was the food, there was absolutely no reason for the Hotel not to move us to another Room as the Hotel was practically empty. We were told we could move rooms though if we paid another 60 euros a night. We would never return to this Hotel again and would definitely not recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Jennie508
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not as nice as we would have wished it to be for you.
Truth is that the hotel has been very busy with weddings during the time of your stay, September and October being very high months for wedding requests.
Therefore the hotel was highly occupied.
The prices the hotel offers are standardized and adjusted to our competition; therefore they can not be discussed.

Never the less I am going to meet with my management team and discuss the further issues you have mentioned, to come to an improving consensus.

Also I do hope that you could maybe give the option to the thought to return and give us a second chance.

Qatar
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is a beautiful spot but just misses the mark when it comes to service. The rooms are lovely and the housekeeping team do a great job although it would be nice if you are paying Euro 350 per night to have some complimentary bottled water in the room. Room Service is inconsistant with about 50/50 chance of getting it right first time. Top tip, check the room service order before the waiter leaves your room as getting them to answer the phone after to report an error is not always easy. Also the pool area could be better run. No food is to be consumed by the pool and has to be eaten at a table outside the cafe. The menu is very limited and if you are staying more than a couple of days you could struggle. Also, dont expect anything in a hurry - which is good if you know that and order before you are actually really hungry! That said, the staff are very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank QatarMargo
Martin S, Director General at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment; we appreciate the opinions of our guests, so that we can improve our service continuously.

I am very happy to hear that, in the big picture, you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I am going to get together with my team and we are definitely going to consider the different aspects of your contributions.

I hope we will be welcoming you back soon,

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have stayed here on several occasions but it still needs improving on some areas.
The good points are:
Lovely rooms with comfortable beds linen lovely and fresh as are towels everyday, the rooms are cleaned very well. This is important to us.
The bad points are:
No pay TV.Sometimes when on holiday you just want to relax and watch a film,we went out every night but it would be nice to have the option.
Most 5 star hotels now offer free Internet access 24/7 this should not be limited to 1hour.THe hotel should take responsibility have have deal with their provider.
The staff on the whole are very helpful but I feel they need better training they seem to run around breakfast room like headless chickens. On 1 occasion I had to ask for some brown sauce 6 times, I asked for some cornflakes and had to wait 15mins for some milk and a spoon. We stayed 8 days and this problem was evident every day.
The hotel is very quiet and on the whole it suits us but it would be nice if there was some occasional live music to give the hotel a bit of atmosphere, I know it's a folders hotel and AUgust is hot but I did not see 1person playing golf so maybe hotel should look at catering for holidaymakers as well.
I don't know if I will stay again !
I think I will wait and see managements response and then decide.

Room Tip: Very quiet Lovely rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ca777
Martin S, Director General at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you, for having taken the time to comment on our hotel.
I am very happy to hear that you have stayed with us several times, this makes you a very valuable person to our company, and furthermore we appreciate and thank you for your continued loyalty.
We are very grateful for your constructive criticism, it is always important to know what where we can but in some improvement, and what we lack on, specially from someone who has known the hotel for so long and has seen it changing along the way.
I will definitely get together with our management team and go over your mentioned points.

I really do hope that we will be welcoming you back soon,

Yours Sincerely
Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benahavis
Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella
Amanhavis Hotel & Restaurant
Kempinski Hotel Bahia
Kempinski Hotel Bahia
#2 of 35 in Estepona

Been to Villa Padierna Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!