“Absolutely Beautiful!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Benahavis
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed for 1 night in a 2 bedroom villa with our own pool. The villa was designed perfectly and decorated beautifully - and of course impeccably clean. The main pool area was really nice and the pool terrace a lovely place to sit and enjoy lunch. The whole "palace" is stunning and is just lovely to sit and just admire the whole architecture, decor and of course the views of the golf course and lovely landscaping. You will not be disappointed with the ambience of the Hotel and the first class service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Hotel Thermas C, Guest Relations at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your stay at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel as well as leaving such a wonderful review about your experience.

We are very excited to read your comments and are happy to know that you had such a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful property.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Villa Padierna Palace Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed for 8 nights in a one bedroom Villa and enjoyed our stay very much. The Hotel and the rooms are superbly maintained and very tasteful decorated. Every day you find another excellent detail you like about the interior. Our villa had a private pool but it was already too cold to use it. Unfortunately, the sound of the filter pumps is a bit noisy but it is not running 24/7 so you might not be disturbed anyway.
Reception and Concierge desk very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet only lower average for a 5 star Hotel but what you get is of high quality. But don't expect 5 kinds of fish every morning, also no veggies served. But you won't mind sitting on the terrace and enjoying the great view over the golf course and the sea.
Service is friendly and ambitious but not all of them will have a long-term career in servicing. The majority is doing a great job - I am mentioning only because of the 5 star Rating (7-star locally) where top notch performance can be expected.
Quality of the restaurant food is very good. We used room Service a lot and everything went well.
The golf courses are in very good condition and the staff is very friendly and flexible. Clubs are cleaned and when our e-cart broke down on the course it took only a call and a couple of minutes until a replacement was brought.
Hotel was certainly not fully booked and in the evening it seemed to be really empty. If you are looking for a quiet place you found it! Certainly not a place for children by the way, except golf is the only interest.
We liked it a lot and will definitely come back as it is one of the best places we have been to for quite a while...

Room Tip: If you can afford it, take one of the Villas - it is like having your own house! And a very very nic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Thermas C, Guest Relations at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time in writing your review about Villa Padierna Palace Hotel.

We are taking into consideration all of your constructive feedback and will definitely use it in order to improve our services. We are constantly working in developing our standards and our goal is to achieve the highest guest satisfaction. Therefore, your review is very supportive.

We are please to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and will be happy to see you soon at our peaceful and beautiful environment.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you might have any special requests for your next stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night and were quite satisfied with every aspect of the stay. The building was in excellent condition and the room had all the amenities we could wish for, and in particular the beds were really comfortable. In the evening we had dinner at the fine dining restaurant on the terrace. Food & wine & service was just as you would expect at such a place. We also visited the beach club that belongs to the hotel, nice place. The woman who served us at the beach club (her name was Jolanta) was exceptionally service-minded, warm and friendly.

Highly recommended - I'll come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hanord
Hotel Thermas C, Guest Relations at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind words from your recent stay at the Villa Padierna Palace

It is a great pleasure to read your comments and to find that you enjoyed your visit. Also, it is magnificent to read your comment about a member of our staff Yolanda, I will make sure to pass on your warm words to her personally.

I appreciate once again your review and we look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Kind regards,

Guest Reations

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed 2 days, played 2 rounds of golf on both of the attached courses. Food,service,room accommodation 1st class.If you want somewhere special to stay this is certainly the place and you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Margarita S, Guest Relations at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest ,

We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay At Villa Padierna Palace Hotel; it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with the Villa Padierna Golf Club team as it is always a great pleasure to hear from a happy client.

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Marbella and maybe next time you can also experience our fantastic Therma Spa, a facility of over 21,500 sq ft.

Our Thermae Spa, belonging to The Villapadierna Medical Wellness Institute has 12 treatment rooms for individualized health and beauty treatments. This would the the perfect ending of for a golf day!

We look forward to welcome you back at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel.

Margarita Suarez Santamaría

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed for a few days whilst attending a conference and somehow managed to get upgraded to one of the villa's. Not sure how many have their own pool, but mine did!

The "room" had 2 front doors and a little kitchenette type thing, a large living area, huge balcony overlooking one of the golf courses which came with seats. The bedroom was massive (a separate dressing area) with a very large and comfortable bed.

The bathroom was well stocked - 2 sinks and bath and big shower unit.

The pool was probably only 5 metres long and 2.5 meters wide - more of a plunge pool to be honest. But in reality, the pool that that serves the hotel is big enough to swim properly! The pool also had a couple of loungers. There was also steps up to the roof with a little room and a large terrace. Goodness knows how much this place would have been on a daily rate, but it was very good.

The room has wifi (no idea what the cost was) and a couple of TV's, although in all honesty only 1 channel in English (CNN) which I thought was poor considering the cosmopolitan nature of the clientelle.

The hotel is beautifully and tastefully built and there are lots to see. The food is very good - plenty of spaces to eat both inside and outside. Food is typically Spanish.

Staff were friendly, but for such a quality hotel the language skills of the staff was a little poor. I admit I have some blame here for not speaking Spanish, but....

I found it ridiculous that the bar closed at 12:00 - being British I DEMAND the bar stay open as long as I want to drink. It is ridiculous that that this seems to be the norm in Europe.

The hotel is set within a couple of golf courses (which are both good and challenging) and therefore the scenery is green which is great in such an arid country.

It probably takes about 10-15 minutes in a car to get to Puerto Banus and about 45 minutes from Malaga airport. The hotel itself is set back away from any noise, and it quite tranquil.

I would go back at the drop of a hat.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest ,

We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel; it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

We also appreciate your comments regarding location, facilities, our cuisine and our magnificent Villas.

We appreciate all comments from our guests, our aim is to satisfy them, improving our standards with new facilities and services every year.

I have shared your feedback with our team and they are both encouraged and motivated to know that you so enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Marbella.

Thank you very much again for staying with us and we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Margarita Suárez Santamaría

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I travel to this area almost every month and I have stayed in most of the hotels down the coast over the years. Around 7/8 years ago I came across this hotel and decided to try it and I was not disappointed, I have now been staying here since that day. I have stayed in most of the different rooms types and they are all exceptional with superb views and facilities.

One of my favourite things is the spa which I think is one of the best if not the best in the world. Earlier this year(2013) I stayed in what was voted best spa in the world 2012, but it was not even close to the quality or offering this hotel and spa offers. I am not a golfer but If I was I think this would be an amazing place for a weeks stay.

Sitting out on the terrace looking out over the golf course towards the beach and ocean is one of my favourite places to sit, relax and contemplate. The staff are always helpful and eager to please.

The food in the beach restaurant is absolutely fantastic and I would certainly recommend trying a meal there.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic but my favourite are these 209 which offers great views over the pool a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We are very happy to hear you liked the rooms but most of all I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the service provided, the spa and the quality of our restaurants.

I would like to take this opportunity to recommend you to experience Padierna Thermas Hotel, located in Carratraca, Málaga,. This one of a kind boutique hotel is the perfect place to relax, indulge yourself in all sorts of beauty treatments and medical programs and to enjoy the best local and organic food. Please feel free to visit our website www.villapadiernathermascarratraca.com

Do not hesitate to contact us should you need to receive further information.

Thank you very much again for staying with us! We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Marbella.

Margarita Suárez Santamaría

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for a week at start of September with our in laws. We do a week golf holiday every year and we were all agreed the quality of this hotel was the best we have ever had.

The Hotel itself was magical and as plush as you would expect with good rooms, common areas and a brilliant quiet pool area. The food was the only slight downside and was fairly expensive and whilst of good quality was not brilliant which meant we ate out most evenings (which is what you should do when on holiday!) and Marbs, Banus, etc are all within a 20 euro tax rode away.

Breakfast whilst good, lacked someone cooking an omelette etc and often the eggs, breads etc had run and not replaced that efficiently...

Now, the golf courses, Alferini is as tough a course as I have ever played. Very good condition, spectacular views, but swing slow and hit straight! Bring plenty of balls.

Flamingos is also very tough but I would say slightly easier for the odd stray drive, again immaculate condition and great views.

Both quiet ish with nobody on your tail all the time, so you can relax and have a laugh and a cerveza form the buggy bar. The bar/restaurant at the club very good and friendly for a post match club sandwich and a large beer.

Huge benefit is both right at the hotel so no driving about. We played other courses in the area too which are plentiful and easy to get to (Aloha and Atalaya Old).

The only slight issue was on the night of arrival where we were put into a room directly above the function area (we were the only people in this part of the hotel so not sure why) and I had to be moved at midnight so I could try and get some sleep before an early start next day. This wasn't resolved to my entire satisfaction which is not what you would expect from this quality of hotel.

However, these things happen I suppose, and it didn't spoil, what is a quite magical breath taking hotel, in an amazing location with brilliant golf attached. What more could you wish for apart from some natural golfing ability?

Room Tip: Try to get a room in Main building and definitely not above function room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Margarita S, Guest relations at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and also for staying at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel.

We really appreciate your positive comments and to know that we have reach your expectations as a luxury resort under the highest standard of service. Our goal is to obtain guest satisfaction through our personalized and quality service and hotel facilities.

Regarding your evaluation of the food I would like to remind you that the variety and diversity of restaurants at Villa Padierna Palace Hotel is very extensive. From our Italian Mediterranean restaurant La Loggia to our gourmet experience at La Veranda and also the Spanish touch at The Beach Club and La Pergola Bar.

I would like to apologize once again for the inconvenience you had and thank you also for your understanding.

We will make sure for your next stay with us your experience will be memorable and unforgettable.

With kind regards,

Margarita Suarez
Guest relations
Villa Padierna Palace Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benahavis
Puente Romano Beach Resort & Spa Marbella
Marriott's Playa Andaluza
Gran Melia Don Pepe
Gran Melia Don Pepe
#5 of 70 in Marbella

Been to Villa Padierna Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!