We stayed in this hotel in April and had a great time. The rooms were excellent and the staff very helpful. However for a five star (or six star hotel), there were a few small changes which would have made a big difference.
1) There were no complementary water bottles in the room. There were smaller bottles in the mini-bar. However after a day on the golf course or a night eating out, it is really nice to have a bottle of water in the room. We had to go to a local petrol station to buy bottles of water. Water bottles in the room either complimentary or for a reasonable charge is a facility which other hotels of a lower star rating offer. It seems that this was not merely an oversight from the Villa Padierna but a conscious decision not to provide their guests water in the rooms.
2) The English language newspapers in the breakfast area were never available in the morning. Sometimes it was possible to find one later in the afternoon but there only ever seemed to be one copy and one title available (Daily Mail I think). Again, given that the local petrol station had a wider range of newspapers from early morning, it would seem reasonable that the Villa Padierna could arrange to have a wider selection and also have the newspapers available earlier.
3) While WI-Fi was available, you had to specifically request it from the hotel reception. Again hotels of a lower star rating routinely include the wifi password and access details with your room key at check-in. Alternatively, other hotels offer complimentary wifi access with your last name and room number on the login screen. This facility was not available at the Villa Padierna.
While I enjoyed my stay, a few small (inexpensive) changes would make a big difference. As all of these are within the control of management and relatively easy to implement, my star rating reflects the fact that such a top rated hotel has neglected to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are very few places in the world that inspire such serenity and beauty as the surroundings of Villa Padierna Palace Hotel, located in the heart of the golden triangle: Marbella, Benahavis, Estepona, our Luxury 5 Star has been recognized by Seven Stars & Stripes as Six Stars, and recently awarded as the world best Golf Resort by the World Travel Awards. Designed as a replica of a Tuscan palace, offers 129 deluxe rooms and suites also including 9 Villas with private pool, and a wide selection of unique experiences, such as three 18 holes Golf courses; Flamingos, Tramores & Alferini, Medical Wellness Spa, Racquet Paddle Club, 4 Restaurants and its exclusive Club de Mar on the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Fastbooking and Priceline so you can book your Villa Padierna Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton Marbella
- Padierna Hotel Marbella
- Padierna Villa
- Villa Padierna Palace Hotel Benahavis, Spain - Costa Del Sol