“Pleasantly Suprised”

Woodstock Inn and Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Recently stayed here for a company retreat and was completely surprised by the Woodstock Inn. Rooms were great. Staff was friendly. Just wish there was a shuttle to the ski area in Killington. The small mountain next to Woodstock was disappointing. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Prior to my travel to the Woodstock Inn & Resort with colleagues I researched the property so I was expecting a decent stay but boy did it surprise when I arrived and throughout the stay. When you first walk into the lobby area you are greeted by a huge fireplace that makes you feel as if you have stepped back in time and was welcoming due to the early March chill in the air.

We had a rather large group and the Inn was well prepared when we arrived which made for a quick and smooth check in process. I had viewed pictures of the rooms prior but when I entered it was a refreshing sight. The motif blended in very well with historic Woodstock and the room had a very elegant, upscale touch and the bathroom was very well appointed.

I found the service of the staff to be excellent. I personally didn't have any special requests but they were attentive and very responsive to our group's needs. I have been to plenty of group settings and I must say the food far exceeded my expecations as well.

Overall a great experience and would come back with the family if my journeys lead me north at some point.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We enjoyed the Sugar Weekend special in mid-March. Great rate for two nights, breakfast included (which, if we had to pay out of pocket woudl have been $70 for 2 adults, 2 kids). Didn't go to Suicide Six, but we did try the Nordic--rentals were free for all of us and we paid for the trail fees. Kids loved the pool as it there was no one there, being end of the ski season and all. Took a trip Simon Glass, ate at Bently's and a great chinese food place in town, can't remember the name. Kids loved the chess, large firepalce, and free cookies and hto chocolate at 4pm daily. Go with the kids, it's a blast.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I was there recently for 3 days for a company conference and the stay was amazing.
The whole place is just incredibly warm and the service was perfect all the way.
The room was beautiful and cosy, with everything you need.
I would recommend this place for any kind of stay.

Reviewed 10 March 2011

The Woodstock Inn & Resort is absolutely beautiful and a great get away. The rooms are gorgeous and the staff is amazing and very helpful. I treated myself to a facial in the Spa and loved every minute of it.

Reviewed 6 March 2011

Got to the Inn and realized Monday would not be a good ski day. We did a spa day instead. Oh so lovely and very friendly staff. Beautiful room with a real fireplace and very comfy bed. Lots of nooks to read or surf the web. There were nice food choices. Quaint VT town.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I really have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my three night stay there for our company conference. From the moment we arrived the staff were attentive and helpful and made every effort for our convenience and comfort. The hotel itself has a wonderfully cosy, welcoming feel to it. The bedrooms are thoughtfully decorated and well appointed with every amenity you could possibly need including large extremely comfortable beds with luxurious bedding.
I can highly recommend both of the bars in the hotel, the food was of a very high standard and the waiting staff were superb. There were shuttle buses on hand at all times to ferry you to the gym, pool or ski slopes and the town and surrounding area were beautiful.
Overall an absolutely amazing hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear of your experience at our hotel for your company's conference. Your comments will be shared with our entire resort team. And, thank you for choosing our property for your program- it was our pleasure to serve you.

The Woodstock Inn & Resort Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
The Shire Woodstock
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock
The Village Inn of Woodstock

Been to Woodstock Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!