What a great place! The hotel itself is very nice, and the staff does everything in its power to make your stay as comfortable as you want it. From the doormen to the front desk staff, to the concierge (Barbara was fantastic!) to the restaurant staff, we honestly felt they all cared that we had an enjoyable experience.
The grounds are beautiful, the parking is convenient, the location is impossible to beat, and the rooms were very nice. We walked everywhere, the only time we used our car was to visit Simon Pearce, and the Long Trail Brewery (both worth the short ride by the way).
My wife enjoyed a massage at the spa and had nothing but good things to say about it (though I thought it was expensive). We weren't overly thrilled with the dinner at the Red Rooster, but the breakfast buffet was quite good. The Tavern was very quaint, but only open from 5 - 9pm.......which we thought was odd.
Overall we completely loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vermont's Most Beautiful Address. Woodstock Inn & Resort is a year-round destination in the village of Woodstock, Vermont that embraces the vision of Laurance and Mary Rockefeller. With a legacy that’s deeply rooted in the Woodstock community, the Inn is cherished for its preservation of New England history, heritage, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Woodstock Inn and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodstock Hotel Woodstock
- Woodstock Resort
- Woodstock Inn Vermont
- Woodstock Inn And Resort Vermont