“Vermont Elegance”

Woodstock Inn and Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Every once in a while I come across a hotel that feels just right. It is a combination of fine decor, warmth and comfort and attention to service and detail. The Woodstock Inn is one of those places.

The hotel is beautifully appointed with fine furinture and decorations, but feels homey and inviting. The staff is amongst the best I've ever experience in terms of professionalism and hospitality. They truly take pride in their jobs and for the establishment at which they work. Though often promised, hotels rarely deliver. The Woodstock Inn delivers.

The rooms are of standard size, but comfortable. It actually felt like I was in a bedroom of a large home. It was a combination of classic country styling with all the modern conveniences. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable to the point that I had difficulty getting (wanting) to get out of bed.

The location of the hotel is perfect. Whether you're here to ski or to golf, many options are a short drive away.

If you're lookng for a special get

2  Thank KeithT879
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for visiting our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We just had an awesome 2-night stay at the Inn. The Inn itself is beautiful, with lovely grounds and gardens. The room was clean, charming, and had great amenities. The staff were notably friendly and helpful - across the board, and in every part of the Inn. We golfed on Friday at the Inn's golf course - which is beautiful, and in great shape. We also took advantage of the fitness center, which has great weight and cardio equipment - something that you don't often find in when on travel. We enjoyed a fantastic breakfast each morning, with a wide array of food - from healthy to decadent. We only wished that we could have stayed longer - but we'll DEFINITELY be back.

3  Thank JTeam-er
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for visiting and reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback! We are delighted to know that your experience was awesome in every way and that you were able to enjoy so much of what our resort has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We previously stayed at the Inn during Christmas of last year and we had a wonderful stay. We thought we would again visit one of the finest resorts, the Woodstock Inn & Resort, this time in warmer weather. Upon our arrival we were met by Jeff the Bell Captain and he could not have been more gracious and professional. He immediately opened the door of the car for my wife and greeted us. He asked if he could help with our bags and we accepted his offer. He also asked if he could park our vehicle for us, and I told him I would park the car at one of the two convenient front lots. Jeff escorted my wife to the Front Desk to check in and when I entered the great lobby/desk area, i found that my wife had already checked in, a fast and easy task. We were escorted to our room and Jeff reviewed the offerings of the Inn, from the fantastic spa, to the sports center to the on site bar and restaurant. Check-in was great.
Our room on the third floor front #333 was great, very well appointed and very clean, stocked with amenities that make ones stay a joy. As with our last stay we ate on site and the food was excellent. The stay was "Again" just wonderful, and we will be coming back for future stays. I/We have been staying at the Woodstock Inn and Resort since the late 70's and never had a bad experience, always excellent. I must thank the Front Desk Personnel, they helped us with an unexpected emergency and really came through for us at the right time.

Room Tip: Third Floor, Front, we stayed in #333 and any of the rooms, on that side and that level have a great...
3  Thank josephkT5875PR
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for visiting The Woodstock Inn & Resort again. We are delighted to hear you had another pleasant experience and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We will look forward to welcoming you back to The Inn again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We've stayed at the Woodstock Inn several times, and they keep improving the property. The newest addition is a great spa and gorgeous outdoor pool. This is a property in two parts; the main hotel part, and some facilities for golf, tennis and and indoor pool about a mile away by shuttle. The staff are all welcoming and extremely accomodating, the food in the restaurant is very good and it's a very relaxing place to stay and recharge in one of the cutest Vermont towns around. One negative I must mention - previously we stayed in a room with a king bed and a pull out sofa; this last time we had a smaller room and a rollaway bed for our son. The rollaway was completely inadequate and uncomfortable, they really need to replace them with better ones. With resort charges and rooms that do not come cheap, you'll pay for this little slice of Vermont heaven.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your visits to our resort and village. We appreciate the feedback regarding the rollaway beds and will share this at our upcoming staff meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Great 2 night stay. Perfect location, nice rooms. Everything felt fresh, clean and new. Food in the tavern was two thumbs up. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and we will look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have never written a review, but I am compelled since I am so surprised this place is able to sustain their AAA 4 star rating.
Driving up to the hotel the valet was informal and flip, and off the cuff told my husband to "go park over there", never asking if we were to check in or wanted valet parking. At this point we even thought there wasn't valet.
 After getting our bags out of the car and rolling them through the parking lot to the bottom of the stairs to the main entrance, the DOOR man asked us "do you want some help?" I was shocked...you would think he was doing us a favor. When I said yes, heproceeded to lift my suitcase to the door, and then gave it back to me with no intention of helping us to reception: We even had to ask which direction to go.
We made a reservation directly with the hotel, so this was "full fare."  The ho- hum reception stuck us in a king room that looks directly onto the roof; the place was empty so it couldn't have been due to lack of rooms. The view was so poor that they actually hide it with shutters. The reception never offered us any information or orientation beyond directions to the elevators. Apparently the spa and golf sit 1/2 mile away by shuttle and we found this out by looking at the info in the room.
We have stayed in a huge range of places and styles, from three star B&Bs to five star Ritz Carltons and this place falls way far behind its four star rating; it is riding on its location and exterior good looks. There is an obvious lack of training and poise in the staff.  In my opinion, each and every employee should know how to interact with guests on a consistent basis. This was so ordinary and so lacking, it might as well have been a Clarion.
When I called the spa to enquire about services, I was met with, "we are full for today" and nothing else. I would expect someone to have the wherewith all to ask if I were a guest and then offer to find something the subsequent day. Instead, they hung up after I said "oh."
Hoping these were aberrations, we decided to give their tavern a chance for pre-dinner cocktails. Again,  the waiter had the "ho hum, how much longer before I can go home?" attitude.
The next morning when we were robotically asked if we had a nice stay, I actually asked what he would do if I said that it was pretty poor. He was obviously thrown and proceeded to tell me that he would have to follow all the things written on his "script" and that it was probably too early for free drinks. I told him that if he needed a script, this simply underscored the poor service and experience we had.
Maybe the issue is they can't find mature, trainable people in such a small, remote town, but I was so looking forward to an evening of exceptional service and was seriously disappointed with the utter lack of hospitality that this four star AAA place promises.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank MAC81667

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and a member of our staff will be following up with you directly.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I planned a one night stay at the Woodstock Inn for my birthday. The Hotel was well appointed and the rooms are nice. In the morning we woke without hot water. Apparently the entire hotel was without hot water. Early risers, we left the Inn at 7:30 am and drove home Cambridge, Massachusetts to take our showers. I called several days later to lodge my displeasure with the hot water situation and to see if some consideration could be made. I was told to speak to the front office manager, Jenna Ware. I left to two polite detailed messages and asked to have her call me. She never did and the Inn has not been in touch with me. This is more troubling then the lack of hot water. I will make a point of letting people know of our experience and the subsequent poor treatment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank crmyer
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies for the water issue during your stay. We were fortunately able to resolve the issue shortly after you checked out. A member of our staff will be contacting you to follow up.

The Woodstock Inn & Resort Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock
The Village Inn of Woodstock
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Woodstock Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!