This is the 4th or 5th time we've stayed at the Woodstock Inn. It's such a treat to be able to stay there. I just read a negative review from another person and they stated they felt it was a bit stiff. I couldn't disagree more. They were from Georgia and I'm wondering if they're used to something commonly referred to as "southern hospitality" (lots of pomp and circumstance). If there is such a thing as "Vermont hospitality", the Woodstock Inn epitomizes it. The rooms are well appointed - with Simon Pearce glass lamps, marble bathrooms etc. The breakfast buffet was delicious with fresh fruit, make your own omelettes and many other yummy treats. Yet nothing feels over the top (ie. snobby, pretentious, chi chi). I stayed at the W Hotel in Miami this spring, now that would be the perfect place for folks who like over the top...
We were there as a family of four (our kiddos are 1 and 4) and I would highly recommend it for a family fun get away although romantic getaways at the Inn are probably their specialty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large and luxurious traditional Vermont inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Woodstock Inn and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodstock Hotel Woodstock
- Woodstock Resort
- Woodstock Inn Vermont
- Woodstock Inn And Resort Vermont