“An Amazing Weekend”

Woodstock Inn and Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

It was a big birthday and the splurge of a lifetime, a gift from my loved one! This is a romantic and special spot for any celebration and there was another we saw during our visit. We stayed during a particularly cold and snowy period, but as this is VT, it is to be expected. The warmth from both the fireplace and the staff contributed to our complete enjoyment, so I would thoroughly recommend the INN to anyone considering a stay in that region.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cbc1234567
RCR-VT, Guest Relations Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words about The Resort!

We're so happy that you enjoyed your birthday celebration, and that the fire in the lobby helped ward off hte autumn chill. We look forward to welcoming you to Woodstock again soon!

Yours truly,

There are newer reviews for Woodstock Inn and Resort

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We managed to stay here for one night only. What a relaxing place, very friendly and helpful staff, and great spa too.
The room was excellent, we ate in the restaurant and was top class. A long way from Australia, or we would be back there in a flash, for a longer stay. Also well located in the middle of Woodstock. Could walk and enjoy the beautiful little village.

1  Thank Brenda M
WIandR, Guest Relations Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you very much for the kind comments about the resort. We are delighted to have visitors from as far away as Australia. Please do return for a longer stay and take advantage of more of our amenities. Have a great summer season down under!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The idea of having a fireplace in the room sounded great. But the idea wasn't well executed. Because it was across from the foot of the bed in a rather small room {#103} you couldn't see the flames when lying down. You could certainly smell the smoke from the previous guests when entering the room, who perhaps didn't close the glass fronting the fireplace. I thought initially someone had forgotten to open the flue, but there wasn't one.
The bed was comfortable. The bathroom on the small side. The shower was in a tub.
This is a "green" hotel which I appreciated.
Staff from the door to the desk to the bar were all friendly and helpful. The common rooms were pleasant.
This is a nice area, and a comfortable hotel aside from the room. We only stayed one night or would have requested another room.

Room Tip: I would not again opt for a room with a fireplace.
4  Thank swampknot
WIandR, Guest Relations Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you kindly for your feedback on the fireplace room. We will share this with our team. Otherwise, thank you for the kind comments about our staff. We look forward to having you back for a longer stay.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here for the first time ever after traveling through Woodstock for years while skiing at Killington. The staff was informative and attentive, the room was spacious and had everything we needed. The fireplace in the main lobby was awesome just to sit in front of. We had breakfast at the Red Rooster and a dinner at Richardson's Tavern. The dessert was incredible! I would highly recommend for a nice getaway. I never made it to the pool or the fitness center, but meant to. The afternoon tea was a very nice touch and the cookies were awesome! I loved being able to walk around town to the shops and walk back to the hotel. I even enjoyed an impromptu ping pong game downstairs.

Room Tip: I know they have rooms with fireplaces but I didn't see them.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paris560

We are so glad you enjoyed a relaxing getaway. We hope to see you back again soon...maybe ski season!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed for two nights at The Woodstock Inn on route to Mont Tremblant from Boston. The hotel staff greeted us well and were expecting us, and were very friendly. The room was really nice and we enjoyed a meal in the casual restaurant on the second night. The restaurant was very busy and although the town seemed really quiet the bars and restaurants were all full.
We wanted a quite two days and although it was fairly busy we felt that we achieved what we were looking for.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
WIandR, Guest Relations Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

So glad that we fulfilled your objective to get a peaceful escape to Woodstock. Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stay here many times per year for the last twenty years. I keep returning because I love the town and the memories but something is missing from the Inn over the last 6 or so years. It has lost its personal touch and personal attention to detail. I stayed this year on my birthday in October. My fiancé booked it under his name. It was a lovely few days but I can tell you the charm and personal customer attention is no longer. Above all, I did not see the manager at all. I may have only seen him once over the last years. Back in the day was nice to have the manager be there each day ensuring the place is perfect. This touch has disappeared since the Inn was sold to a NY firm and it is not a Rock owned resort and new management. Lawrence Rock would pop in unannounced to walk through to make sure things were perfect. Since his passing obviously he does not do that and things are not perfect. I still love the area but may find a new place to call home.

Room Tip: The bottom floor of the Inn where the gas fireplaces exists use to be very nice to sit and have lunc...
2  Thank voovoomel
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed overnight here this week and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The Inn has an understated feeling of quality. Very relaxing and pleasant, with a huge fireplace in the lobby with lots of cozy seating areas to talk, read or use your computer. I originally had a room with a fireplace but due to my allergies I wasn't able to comfortably stay there. There wasn't a problem in changing my room. We had a most delicious dinner at the Inn's Red Rooster restaurant, which serves breakfast and lunch as well. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. To top it off, the Inn is located in the middle of Woodstock, one of the loveliest villages in Vermont. So much to do in Woodstock and in the surrounding areas or just stay in the Inn and relax in it's lovely ambiance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonem93
WIandR, Guest Relations Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed relaxing in front of our lobby fireplace which is always a guest favorite. We look forward to you visiting us again soon. All the best,

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
The Shire Woodstock
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Woodstock Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!