We are currently staying at the Woodstock Inn and it is beautiful. The staff could not be any nicer. We are in a fireplace room and highly recommend it in the winter. The one caveat I have is we are in Room 113 on the first floor that faces the side and there is a very loud hum outside our window that goes off frequently. I would not recommend this room. We don't know if it's the elevator mechanism or what it is, but if you are sensitive to sound (like I am) this loud intermittent hum will drive you nuts. I'd suggest getting a room on the second floor or to make sure you check outside your window to see what mechanics are lying in wait.
The only other item that we thought would be a nice touch is the restaurant. I had hoped they would have given it a bit more ambiance given it's such a highly rated restaurant. If they would just put white tablecloths on the mission style tables it might make the place feel more like fine dining. The food is great, but the ambiance is lacking. There is no warmth to the restaurant and nothing that makes it feel special. I would recommend eating in the Tavern instead which has tons of ambiance and warmth due to the dark wood and the fireplace. Again, my experience is based solely on the winter season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large and luxurious traditional Vermont inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Woodstock Inn and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodstock Hotel Woodstock
- Woodstock Resort
- Woodstock Inn Vermont
- Woodstock Inn And Resort Vermont