Woodstock Inn and Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Braeside Lodging(Woodstock)
Quechee Lakes(Quechee)
View Hotel
Super 8 White River Junction(White River Junction)
View Hotel
White River Inn and Suites(White River Junction)
1,299 results
All reviewstavern wingoutdoor poolfitness centernew englandsteam roomresort feeafternoon tea and cookiestennis courtshuge fireplacethe main dining roomspa servicesnordic centerin townfull servicesimon pearceroaring firecross country skiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I wish I could live here. The rooms are so beautiful, and the room service is spectacular. They give us chocolates, fill up a glass water bottle full of tap water (delicious water!), and they give us two glasses, five pillows per bed, and they give us access to the beautiful bathrooms with the amazing, modern shower, free WiFi, and an amazing television. I love how fast everything is at the restaurants. Despite the fact the tavern was filled with people, they focused on us as they did on everyone else, and got our food to us as quick as possible, and it was delicious as well! They also don't really care about enclosing their community as a hotel to them, and advertise places to go, which not a lot of hotels and resorts would do, so I think that is spectacular. If you see this, I hope you know that this place is amazing, and I hope you think about coming to this inn and resort!

Though being a historic and classic hotel, the look is new, modern, and beautiful. It's like the place was made in 2010!

Room Tip: Every room is amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Gene B
RCR-VT, Guest Relations Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for the very complimentary review… and while maybe you can’t actually live at The Inn, you can certainly stay a lot longer next time! We’re so happy that you enjoyed everything, and that you approve of how we’ve balanced the traditional with the contemporary; that’s a delicate balance and we always work hard at maintaining it, so thank again for your kind words. We share every review with all our employees, and our team in Richardson’s Tavern is grateful that you enjoyed the personal attention! We hope to see you again soon, so you can experience Woodstock’s beauty in fall, winter, and spring as well!
Until we meet again- Rick Reno

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay here. I booked a standard room and was very impressed to have a suite for my money and four poster bed so am sure that must have been an upgrade. It was a downstairs room to the left of the reception. The amenities provided in the room were excellent although I would like to have been able to switch off the air con myself. it can be done by ringing reception should you wish to so it isn't a major deal.

The location is very convenient with easy parking. The staff are very good. I dined in the Red Rooster every night and loved the food. The only advice I would give is if you order a meal from the specials make sure it has everything with it you would want. Maybe it is an Enlish thing but I would always want a serving of potato besides greens. I am sure this can be ordered but I didn't realise that it wasn't included so I just advise you to check. The standard of the food is excellent and I was also very impressed with the huge spread for breakfast. I was pleased with the rate benefitting from a three nights for two offer.

I strongly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a little luxury in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for visiting all the way from England, and for sharing your impressions. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our great food service, our location right in the village of Woodstock, and especially our staff. We hope your travels bring you this way again, and look forward to showing you even more of what this beautiful area has to offer. Thank you again for your strong recommendation!
Very truly yours, Rick Reno

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Woodstock Inn and Resort is a gorgeous property in the town center of Woodstock, which is a stunningly beautiful historic town. This was our second time staying at the Inn, and for the most part it was perfect and relaxing. The grounds are vast and indulgent, with huge lawns, flowers all around, and crisp white chairs and benches placed all around encouraging peaceful moments. There is a pretty swimming pool on the property (not warm), and another indoor one at the gym facility up the street. There is also a spa, very high priced, which I didn't go to, but seemed nice. It is a golf property, but we didn't utilize that either. The hotel would be perfect for a wedding or special occasion as it is very grand in size and comfortable at the same time. The paintings throughout the hotel are wonderful. There is a cozy library room with lovely seating and chessboards set up, and we hung out in there a couple if times. We are a family of four, with two preteen boys, and did just fine in the double queen room which had a fold out couch in it. The beds are comfortable, luxurious linens, and the best pillows for any hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathroom is spic and span, with white subway tile, marble, and dark wood. There was ample room with two separate sinks and nice storage spaces for toiletries and such that made a big difference since we stayed for four nights. Everything about the room and bathroom was high end. One thing that was a little off, was that housekeeping was spotty, with cleaning, turn downs and fresh towels inconsistent. Last night all the wet swim towels etc were still on the bathroom floor after we had to specifically call for a turn down--they said they would come pick them out but they were still outside the door this morning when I got up. The rooms come with a refrigerator, but nothing stocked except for a coffee maker. Room service and the restaurants vacate about 9:00 PM, and we were still on west coast time, which was very inconvenient for us, and surprising for such a nice hotel. It would have been nice if they at least gave options for drinks and snacks with a wet bar in the room. The hotel provides coffee in the lobby in the morning, and fresh cookies with coffee/tea at tea time in the afternoon. I gave this hotel four stars instead of five because the front desk lacks follow through when we called for requests (seems like there are not enough people available), the rooms should be cleaned everyday in a timely manner, and it is inconvenient that there isn't any food or drink available at night after 9:00 PM. Overall, I would come back again, and our stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank lauradean

Thank you for visiting us in Woodstock, and for your gracious review! We always enjoy hearing about guests’ memorable experiences, and we also appreciate your pointing our areas where we still have room to improve. Please know that we will discuss and address the opportunities you’ve pointed out, and hope you’ll notice the improvement on your next visit! We also hope you’ll have time on your next trip to enjoy more of our amenities and activities—gold, The Spa, and maybe a family day at Billings Farm and Museum?
Thanks again, Rick Reno

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I wished I could have spent a week here. The resort is beautiful--think luxe country estate. From the photos, I thought this was nestled somewhere in the middle of the woods, so I was surprised to see it was right off the main street of Woodstock. However, you will think you stepped onto a secluded property in the middle of the woods, but literally steps away is the quaint and adorable downtown Woodstock, and best of all, Mountain Creamery ice cream shop is open until 10 pm, so you can walk there for a late night treat.

Check in was a breeze (was able to check in an hour early), and the staff was very friendly and helpful in answering my million questions before I arrived.

We stayed in a double queen room—there was a window seat and seating area as well. The bathroom was larger than my NYC apt., and had every amenity you could think of, plus full-size bath products from their onsite spa. The room had a flat screen TV, cable, Keurig coffee machine, daily newspaper, robes, safe, iron, hairdryer, etc., and the welcome plate of cheese (delicious and they did NOT skimp on the cheese!) and fruit and bottle of bubble was a very nice touch. The one and only issue I had was the robe was clearly worn and placed back in the closet without being laundered, but everything else would pass a white glove inspection.

I spent the entire afternoon at the outdoor pool, lounging on a chaise lounge, and thank goodness no kids were splashing around. Outside, Adirondack chairs dot the front and back lawns, and there is even a fire pit in the back lawn area.

Inside there is a great library with a couple chess boards, ample seating for reading one of the many books in their library (or your own), plus there are seating areas hidden here and there around the resort (e.g., a mini library and seating area under one set of stairs). There is also another parlor-type room outside the tavern restaurant which would be a great place to enjoy coffee in the morning.

In addition, every single staff member I encountered on the property was incredibly friendly, professional, and helpful. I would definitely return, and I hope to make it back before summer is over. And visit Sugarbush farms if you have the time--it's about 15 minutes from the resort--grab some cheese and crackers and have a little picnic at the resort's lawn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bnd328
RCR-VT, Guest Relations Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Wow! Thank you for visiting, and for the very gracious review. We’re glad you discovered the Mountain Creamery and Sugarbush Farm, two of Woodstock’s hidden gems, as well as many of the comfortable little spots throughout our resort! What makes us even giddier, though is learning that you enjoyed meeting so many of our fine people, and that you’ll be visiting Woodstock again soon… we’re looking forward to welcoming you again and hope you’ll get a chance to explore a little more of our great, farm-driven cuisine!
Thanks again, Rick Reno

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is our sixth year that we chose the inn for our summer vacation. We always stay in the Tavern Wing and this time in a suite which was beautiful. The inn offers true Vermont hospitality and it is wonderful to see the same employees year over year. Dinner in the Red Rooster was excellent as was breakfast each day. We will be back again, perhaps before next summer!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweeneyBoston_Ma

Thank you for returning to The Woodstock Inn year after year, and for sharing your impressions! We agree that the Tavern Wing suites, with their wood-burning fireplaces, really add the finishing touch to a relaxing stay; and we’re glad you enjoyed our “classically Vermont, uniquely Woodstock” hospitality. And while Woodstock summers are a joy, you really should consider making the trip up for foliage season, maybe for a little skiing at Suicide Six, and of course for the (maple) sugar season for which we’re so rightly famous… we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Yours truly, Rick Reno