“Great location”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great location”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed here for two nights in one of the heritage rooms. It was small, but adequate. The location in Woodstock is so nice. You can walk to everything in town. You have to drive to the fitness center and it is mostly used by local members. We ate lunch at the Red Rooster and thought the food and service were great. If you are not looking for the B & B experience, than this is THE hotel in Woodstock. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cheshire
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We only stayed at this hotel for one night but we had a lovely Tavern Wing room which had everything you could possibly want.
The only gripe we had was the service from the restaurant manager in The Red Rooster, who either assumed we were not staying at the hotel or had not made a reservation, which we had done both, and was quite rude until he discovered his error. It was a shame as it ruined a nice evening.
However, all the other staff were very good.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Was passing through Woodstock with my husband after traveling home from a stay in New Hampshire. We ended up deciding to stay in Woodstock at the last minute and were overjoyed when we found out the Woodstock in had a room available! The night porter was extremely nice and upgraded us to a suite because we had arrived so late. The room was perfect. It was clean, comfortable, and there was even a real wood burning fire place! My husbands only complaint with the place was that it lacked the authenticity of an historic inn and my only complaint was the price.

BONITA SPRINGS, FLORIDA
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We had an enjoyable stay but were underwhelmed by the new spa attached to the hotel. The spa has one hot tub which is located outdoors. There are excellent showers in the locker rooms. We were given two $100.00 vouchers for the spa. I was allowed, after much negotiation, to apply both vouchers to my adequate massage which totaled $210.00 after fees and mandatory gratuities. Prior to my appointment I spent an hour at the fitness center. I showered at the spa and donned the provided robe. After the massage, I put my soiled gym clothing in a provided plastic bag and left for my room wearing the robe. I was stopped and told that I could not leave the spa wearing the robe. I asked if they would like me to return to my room in the nude. This seemed to stump them. They wound up having me wear the robe while escorted back to my room by an embarrassed staff member who retrieved and returned the robe. Apparently, the Woodstock Inn attracts robe thieves. The spa will not see me again.
The perfectly nice indoor pool and the fitness center are located 1 1/2 miles from the hotel. The staff there is not uptight about the supplies.
Our room was large and well appointed. The panel HDTV was large, but lacked HBO. Wireless internet was free.
The food and service at the restaurant meals was very good. Our server was Samantha who was delightful and proficient. Breakfast was a buffet which lacked warm plates and fresh squeezed orange juice, but was otherwise excellent.
Considering the room and food, we would not hesitate to return to this inn.
When we paid our bill we were charged required gratuities for the housekeepers and bellmen. The bellman never mentioned this when we gave him $10.00 upon arrival.

3 Thank maven2929
woburn, ma
Reviewed 19 September 2010

This Inn is truly a gem! The staff was very pleasant, helpful when we asked about where to eat, etc. Our room was extremely clean, with a lovely decor. Every amenity and then some. We didn't have time to use the outdoor pool, which was unfortunate, and there is an outdoor fire pit, also. We ate lunch, dinner AND breakfast there and each meal was incredible. We stopped in the Tavern for drinks. The spa is now open, we may stay this winter for a weekend getaway. I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Mt Washington Valley, NH
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Very nice room, really liked the tavern. Although it seems like a well-established historic hotel, it's less than 50 years old. Great location for walking around the village.

Connecticut
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I was really looking forward to staying at the Woodstock Inn. I'd walked through the public spaces previously, and found them to be very nice and "New Englandy." While that is still the case, my overall experience was just ok.

We stayed in the "Tavern Wing" which supposedly is a step above the standard room (it also costs a bit more). I cannot compare since I haven't been in a standard...but all in all I would not describe it as luxurious which is, I think, how the Inn bills itself. The carpeting was attractive but had some stains. The bedding was, as advertised, very nice. The Inn is a bit handicapped as it is an old building, and thus, the space is what is is. The bathroom had been renovated, and while not tiny, it's certainly not large (but short of gutting the place, not much you can do...hence my commented about being handicapped by age). I think it's the little things that make a place luxurious, and two things, in particular, stuck out to me. First, the towels were, at best, average. At this price point I expected something far above average. Also, the thermostat in the room. It was some antiquated thing with "low-medium-high" settings....I couldn't find any actual temp control...nor could I figure out how to turn it off. As it turned out, the weather was temperate and we kept the windows open...but this just seemed very out of place.

A few other random observations. They advertise turndown service, but in our three night stay, it never happened. The staff was very pleasant. Tea/cookies at 4PM was nice. Location is the best in town. Fitness center is a mile and half away...so you either have to take a shuttle or drive...makes no sense to me.

In the end, it was not the special experience I had hoped to have with my wife. Consequently, next time around, we will try someplace else.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
The Shire Woodstock
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Woodstock Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!