“Great hotel, loved the pool”

Woodstock Inn and Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My husband and I traveled with our 18 month old. Woodstock Inn is great. Rooms were clean and nice and well-priced. Pool was fantastic - easy shuttle bus ride. Staff in phenomenal. We ate dinner in town but enjoyed breakfast at the hotel.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed 11 October 2010

This is a hotel that exudes service and friendliness from the beginning to the end. They have clearly put money into maintaining and upgrading both the public areas and the rooms. Everything clicks. The restaurants seem a little understaffed, with the Red Rooster now being the only dinner spot and it books up well in advance. The breakfast buffet suffers from being understaffed, leading to a backup for tables, but even with those annoyances the impression is terrific.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed here for two nights in one of the heritage rooms. It was small, but adequate. The location in Woodstock is so nice. You can walk to everything in town. You have to drive to the fitness center and it is mostly used by local members. We ate lunch at the Red Rooster and thought the food and service were great. If you are not looking for the B & B experience, than this is THE hotel in Woodstock. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We only stayed at this hotel for one night but we had a lovely Tavern Wing room which had everything you could possibly want.
The only gripe we had was the service from the restaurant manager in The Red Rooster, who either assumed we were not staying at the hotel or had not made a reservation, which we had done both, and was quite rude until he discovered his error. It was a shame as it ruined a nice evening.
However, all the other staff were very good.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

Was passing through Woodstock with my husband after traveling home from a stay in New Hampshire. We ended up deciding to stay in Woodstock at the last minute and were overjoyed when we found out the Woodstock in had a room available! The night porter was extremely nice and upgraded us to a suite because we had arrived so late. The room was perfect. It was clean, comfortable, and there was even a real wood burning fire place! My husbands only complaint with the place was that it lacked the authenticity of an historic inn and my only complaint was the price.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

We had an enjoyable stay but were underwhelmed by the new spa attached to the hotel. The spa has one hot tub which is located outdoors. There are excellent showers in the locker rooms. We were given two $100.00 vouchers for the spa. I was allowed, after much negotiation, to apply both vouchers to my adequate massage which totaled $210.00 after fees and mandatory gratuities. Prior to my appointment I spent an hour at the fitness center. I showered at the spa and donned the provided robe. After the massage, I put my soiled gym clothing in a provided plastic bag and left for my room wearing the robe. I was stopped and told that I could not leave the spa wearing the robe. I asked if they would like me to return to my room in the nude. This seemed to stump them. They wound up having me wear the robe while escorted back to my room by an embarrassed staff member who retrieved and returned the robe. Apparently, the Woodstock Inn attracts robe thieves. The spa will not see me again.
The perfectly nice indoor pool and the fitness center are located 1 1/2 miles from the hotel. The staff there is not uptight about the supplies.
Our room was large and well appointed. The panel HDTV was large, but lacked HBO. Wireless internet was free.
The food and service at the restaurant meals was very good. Our server was Samantha who was delightful and proficient. Breakfast was a buffet which lacked warm plates and fresh squeezed orange juice, but was otherwise excellent.
Considering the room and food, we would not hesitate to return to this inn.
When we paid our bill we were charged required gratuities for the housekeepers and bellmen. The bellman never mentioned this when we gave him $10.00 upon arrival.

3  Thank maven2929
Reviewed 19 September 2010

This Inn is truly a gem! The staff was very pleasant, helpful when we asked about where to eat, etc. Our room was extremely clean, with a lovely decor. Every amenity and then some. We didn't have time to use the outdoor pool, which was unfortunate, and there is an outdoor fire pit, also. We ate lunch, dinner AND breakfast there and each meal was incredible. We stopped in the Tavern for drinks. The spa is now open, we may stay this winter for a weekend getaway. I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock
Castle Hill Resort And Spa
The Village Inn of Woodstock

Been to Woodstock Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!