“Good take out”

Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Angkor Wat is an Asian Fusion restaurant located in Woodstock, VT. We offer a variety of dishes with traditional Cambodian & Thai flavors prepared with Chef Chy's influence! Call ahead (before noon) to order the House Specialty - Crispy Ginger Fish! We are a BYOB restaurant.
Woodstock, Vermont
“Good take out”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We order from Angkor Wat a few times a year and always enjoy the meal. A complete menu and the service has always been timely and competent.

Visited November 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Super friendly owners and great food”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The chef came out and asked us EXACTLY how we wanted our (hot, etc). Very personable service and great food!

Visited November 2013
South Pomfret, VT
“An ethnic jem - great for vegetarians”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I've been here several times since moving to the area a year and a half ago. Yes, it's not strictly Cambodian, more of a fusion of different asian cuisines and maybe not as good as you'd get in a big city, but I was delighted to find this place in the middle of VT. It is by far the best asian restaurant for miles in every direction. Everything I've had (I'm a vegetarian) has been tasty and my family loves going here (meat eaters). The chef is friendly and is willing to speak with customers if it's not too busy. He's really trying hard to make a go of it in an ethnically-challenged state.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sarah L
Portland, Oregon
“Good experience and prices”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The restaurant is BYOB, which some people have complained about, but many other people enjoy. I think many complaints about the atmosphere arise because the restaurant contrasts with the fancier options in the surrounding area, and maybe diners judge Angkor Wat Restaurant too harshly because they ate at a white linen, candlelit affair the evening before. If you want farmhouse ambiance, this is not your place, but you probably shouldn't expect that at this price point.

The menu had quite a few interesting options, although I was sad to not see dishes I had during my time in Cambodia. I had the duck with noodles, which was nothing like I expected, but quite good. It had a very mellow, sweetish sauce, while I was expected a bigger punch. My boyfriend had a soup that was very complex, but I didn't think the texture of the noodles was excellent, only average. My portion wasn't huge, it is one of the only two times in my life I didn't have leftovers, but it was 13 dollars for a duck dish... so I wouldn't complain.

Bottom line, good food at a good price, the rest is trivial. It is definitely a place you should stop if you are in the area and like Thai food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank NatalieD1611
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Poor Service and Poor Food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I toured New England for the two weeks September 23rd to 7th October 2013 to view the fall foliage. We travelled from Boston up to Bar Harbor, across to the White Mountains, down through Vermont, the Adirondacks and onto the Berkshire Hills. We selected our accommodation and eating places from Trip Adviser Reviews. We have reviewed each of the hotels, motels and bed and breakfast places that we stayed in and also many of the places we ate and drank in along the way. If you would like to view our reviews for the rest of the places on this trip click on my screen name on the left.
We ate at the Angkor Wat Restaurant in the evening of the 2nd October 2013. This was the worst restaurant that we ate in during our tour of New England. Having travelled extensively in Asia staying and eating in Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand and having enjoyed superb food in Cambodia we were delighted to see that there was a Cambodian Restaurant in Woodstock. When we went to the Angkor Wat we found that it was more a café than a restaurant, with melamine topped tables without tablecloths and no liquor licence. I had to go out to the local garage and buy some beers to take into the restaurant. When we looked at the menu we found that there were very few Cambodian dishes. I told the waitress that I had eaten an Amok Curry in Cambodia and could the chef prepare something like that for me. She suggested that I might like the Khmer Curry Soup as it had similar ingredients. I had Chicken Dumplings for a starter and the Khmer Curry soup as a main course. My wife had Summer Rolls for a starter and Duck Breast Stir Fry Noodles for a main. My starter was bland The Curry Soup was a very thin soup with a lot of hot seasoning and pieces of beef and some vegetables and rice noodles floating in it . It was like nothing that we had tasted in Cambodia. My wife found the Duck Breast Noodles just OK.. I did not finish my meal. The proprietor asked if we had enjoyed our meals and we said no. She said that it was a small family run restaurant and the waitress was new. This did not make us feel any better. We left and I then went into the supermarket and bought a sandwich.
We would not recommend this restaurant to anybody.
Good Points: None
Negative Points: Poor Service, No liquor licence, a café not a restaurant, some food tasteless, little resemblance to Cambodian or Thai food

• Visited October 2013