“not going back...ever”

Woodbridge Cafe Restaurant & Coffeehouse
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Description: Serving all Homemade local produce as well as Vermont Coffee 100% fair trade and organic! Enjoy a great Cappuccino, Latte, or Specialty Drink! Serving over 100 different Hot & Cold Drinks!Open for Breakfast Lunch & Dinner! Homemade Pies, Cakes, Muffins and lots more specialty baked goods. All meals are Homemade in the traditional Vermont Style, fresh, local, no hormones or antibiotics.
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

before getting into it, I need to estabish some credibility. I am a regional executive chef for a hotel company. I by no means go out and complain about every little issue. but this experience was aweful all around.
it was Sunday and we pulled in and noticed the place was closing. I asked a to go order and the woman who was the owner said yes. she was very clear and please to say we can get everything to go. so we ordered pancakes, chili and a burger with fries. total came to $30. wow... this better be good. we waited 20 minutes on their cozy couch. I should have notice a problem when a server came out and asked me how I was going to eat the pancakes. huh? there was an issue with packing them to go. they didn't have containers and she was going to wrap them in foil. ok. odd. when the food was ready I grabbed our bag and sat in the car. when I opened the bag, I was a little shocked. I got 2 pancakes with only 2 oz syrup. a burger with 8 french fries scrunched on top the burger and really dark chili. I didn't see the value. I went back to the door which was now locked and asked if I was charged correctly because I didn't see the value for $30. the owner quickly said "you had the menu and the prices are listed what else do you want!" with her angry look upon me... I decided not to argue. we left. as we started to eat, there was only enough syrup for 1/4 of the pancakes which were not good at all. the chili was inedible and the burger meat was old. there was only 1/2 of a strip of bacon on my $10 burger and the fries we could barely chew. we didn't finish the pancakes because we didn't have enough syrup and the chili was thrown out. the coffee from a suppose to be coffeehouse.
there certain expectations people have especially in maple syrup country and this didn't come close. I spoke to a local a local down the street at a gas station and she even said there are better places. we stopped down the street in quechee and got great pancakes and lots of syrup. too bad.. its in a great zlocation but if you are too cheap to give us extra napkins when we ask for them
that's a problem. when in woodstock, ask a local where to go and not go to this place

3  Thank bogieone1

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Excellent meal and great value. Fresh scallops and haddock were melt in your mouth.

1  Thank msrpaige
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Thank goodness I don't live in Woodstock otherwise I'd be 25 stone!!

1  Thank wenvoecastle
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stopped in for breakfast in a bit of a hurry. They worked hard to help us out the door on time. The food was excellent. Service wasn't perfect but it wasn't for lack of effort or good attitude. I think we had a new waiter who was a little overwhelmed.

I had a delicious omelet, wife had eggs over medium with sausage and kids had pancakes with bacon. All good!

1  Thank Justin H
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We came across the Woodbridge when we were told another breakfast spot was full. We're glad we found the Woodbridge instead! Kim our waitress was personable and attentive. The entire interior (bathrooms, as well) was stylishly decorated with attention to details (even the mugs & dinnerware!) and the largely indie tunes provided nice background music for our casual brunch. The menu itself contained a number of innovative items (i.e. omelet with granny smith apples, brie and canadian bacon) and the baked goods were better than average. The only draw back: the coffee was a bit weak. Otherwise, all in all well worth the stop!

1  Thank The_Duke_of_Url