“Not too swift” 1 of 5 bubbles

Woodbridge Cafe Restaurant & Coffeehouse
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Serving all Homemade local produce as well as Vermont Coffee 100% fair trade and organic! Enjoy a great Cappuccino, Latte, or Specialty Drink! Serving over 100 different Hot & Cold Drinks!Open for Breakfast Lunch & Dinner! Homemade Pies, Cakes, Muffins and lots more specialty baked goods. All meals are Homemade in the traditional Vermont Style, fresh, local, no hormones or antibiotics.
Montgomery Center, Vermont
“Not too swift”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stoppd in for lunch while road browsing the Queechee area for old times sake after a business trip.. Waitress asked many questions - was I a local, where was I going, where was I from and on and on, to the point of being a nuisance. Was tired so just had over easy eggs, bacon and an English muffin. Bacon consised of 2 shriveled up pieces, English muffin had the consistency of a hockey puck (must have been home made - no decent bakery would produce such a thing). For the shriveled up bacon, hard as a rock muffin and 2 small eggs with coffee - the price was $11.00 + some cents. I think I paid the tourist price and not the local price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Catherine O

Woodstock, Vermont
“Real homemade food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Three of us stopped in for lunch today and had terrific meals that were clearly fresh and homemade, not the frozen stuff. The menu is interesting and offers familiar as well as new and different dishes. I had to try the pickle soup. This dish had potatoes, cheese, and pickles in a creamy soup base made of some stock, cream and flour. It was delicious. Two of us had paninis that were made with bread baked right there in the cafe. I had one with prosciutto, pesto and mozzarella. The panini was grilled and crunchy on the outside. It was great. Our friend had a vegetarian panini and loved it. My wife had an apple squash bisque that really hit the spot on this cold afternoon. Along with the meal we had peppermint mocha latte and a hot cider. Again, everything fresh and made right there. Owner Amy and server Sidney were really personable and attentive. We will be going back soon to try the dinner menu.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travelcrow
portsmouth
“not going back...ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

before getting into it, I need to estabish some credibility. I am a regional executive chef for a hotel company. I by no means go out and complain about every little issue. but this experience was aweful all around.
it was Sunday and we pulled in and noticed the place was closing. I asked a to go order and the woman who was the owner said yes. she was very clear and please to say we can get everything to go. so we ordered pancakes, chili and a burger with fries. total came to $30. wow... this better be good. we waited 20 minutes on their cozy couch. I should have notice a problem when a server came out and asked me how I was going to eat the pancakes. huh? there was an issue with packing them to go. they didn't have containers and she was going to wrap them in foil. ok. odd. when the food was ready I grabbed our bag and sat in the car. when I opened the bag, I was a little shocked. I got 2 pancakes with only 2 oz syrup. a burger with 8 french fries scrunched on top the burger and really dark chili. I didn't see the value. I went back to the door which was now locked and asked if I was charged correctly because I didn't see the value for $30. the owner quickly said "you had the menu and the prices are listed what else do you want!" with her angry look upon me... I decided not to argue. we left. as we started to eat, there was only enough syrup for 1/4 of the pancakes which were not good at all. the chili was inedible and the burger meat was old. there was only 1/2 of a strip of bacon on my $10 burger and the fries we could barely chew. we didn't finish the pancakes because we didn't have enough syrup and the chili was thrown out. the coffee from a suppose to be coffeehouse.
there certain expectations people have especially in maple syrup country and this didn't come close. I spoke to a local a local down the street at a gas station and she even said there are better places. we stopped down the street in quechee and got great pancakes and lots of syrup. too bad.. its in a great zlocation but if you are too cheap to give us extra napkins when we ask for them
that's a problem. when in woodstock, ask a local where to go and not go to this place

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bogieone1
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Excellent meal and great value. Fresh scallops and haddock were melt in your mouth.

1 Thank msrpaige
UK
“Best Breakfasts in the world!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Thank goodness I don't live in Woodstock otherwise I'd be 25 stone!!

Visited October 2011