“Beautiful spot”

Price range: US$31 - US$48
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cloudland Farm offers farm-to-table dining right on the farm where many of the ingredients were grown. Everything is made from scratch and all ingredients are locally sourced. The menu changes daily. Dine by the fireplace during the winter, or come early and enjoy the porch before dinner during the summer months. BYOB. Reservations required.
Illinois
“Beautiful spot”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were introduced to Cloudland Farm when we went there for a wedding rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious, the service good (although I think the kitchen was a little overwhelmed having to serve all the dinners at once, as the table with the wedding party was done before we ever got our dinners!) and the room we were in was charming. I really liked the dinner salad we were given, and the entree was fabulous, as were the vegetables served with the dinner. The dessert was a gorgeous tart with homemade ice cream... I could have had only that and been very, very happy. As others have said, the drive out there in the dark (at least for a city girl like me) was a bit daunting, but well worth it in the end. I'd like to go back and try the restaurant for dinner when it's just the two of us... I am sure it would be even better than this lovely experience we had at the rehearsal dinner.

I can't rate the cost or value since we were at a rehearsal dinner.

• Visited October 2013
CloudlandFarm, Owner at Cloudland Farm, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your dining experience here at Cloudland Farm. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. Our chef makes every part of the meal completely from scratch, and we are so glad you enjoyed each course that was served. Our Chef likes to plate the meals one table at a time so that everyone's food is nice and warm when it is placed on the table, that's why there was a bit of a delay in serving all of the tables. Again, thanks for your comments, and we hope that you will join us again if you get back to Vermont.

New York City, New York
“Such a special treat!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I picked Cloudland based on TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews, and am so glad I did. My fiancé and I enjoyed a meal there this past weekend, and it was just so delicious. The dining room is gorgeous, and not too crowded or loud, but still lively.

The evening we were there, the menu included lots of cider-infused dishes, including a pasta starter, ham entrée and sorbet in the dessert. You could taste how fresh every component of the meal was. Dinner here just felt very special, and if we're in the area again I'm sure we'd come back.

(PS Yes, the drive from the main road to the farm is a bit scary in the dark, but well worth it!)

1 Thank KateinNY295
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Cloudland. We are thrilled that it was a special evening for you both. It has been apple season here in Vermont so Chef had fun planning a menu using apple cider. That was the first time he made apple cider sorbet and we're glad you enjoyed it. We hope you can dine with us again when you visit Vermont.
West Orange, New Jersey
“Really cool !”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A wonderful experience. Nice people running a really good restaurant. BYOB is always a plus. An adventuresome drive to get there.

1 Thank raymond p
Waco, Texas, United States
“SIMPLE SOMETIMES IS BEST”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

If you're out with friends that can be hard to please be careful- these guys make one menu a week and have a pre set with one set of choices. One app/salad/entree/dessert...that's it. What they serve is very good though, on the five occasions I have been there. Bring your own booze and dine in an elegant log cabin that is something out of architectural digest. Solid time

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Authentic Vermont Experience”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My friends and I had a great evening here. I've been wanting to do a farm-to-table dining experience for a while. This did not disappoint. The dirt road that leads to the restaurant offers beautiful views and you know you're on your way to something special. Once you get there, you can have drinks (BYOB) on the porch, which overlooks a beautiful pasture. Once seated, we were quickly brought bread and then the sweet corn soup with feta and tomatoes. It was amazzzing! Then came the Osso Bucco over succotash. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was lovely, so incredibly tender. Soon came dessert, which was beet ice cream and some kind of chocolate souffle. It was good, but not the best of the night - that belonged to the soup. Our servers were very attentive and friendly. The only negative side of the evening was how hot the dining room was. Though it is spacious, it is not air-conditioned and it was a humid, hot day. Dining was a bit uncomfortable, but soon forgotten after the wonderful food and service. If you are looking for that unique farm-to-table experience that Vermont offers, this is it!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lcny2001

Been to Cloudland Farm? Share your experiences!