“Woodstock Country Club”

Woodstock Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Noted as "One of the Top 100 Golf Courses in the World" by Golfer Magazine, this 6,000 yard, 18-hole Robert Trent Jones, Sr.-designed layout with water at over a dozen holes presents a formidable challenge to even the most seasoned player.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

incredible facility in impeccable shape. The GM Charles V was on the course tending to all the upkeep. He even stopped to give a private lesson on exiting the trap! that was a turning point for me on the course!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Food was ordinary, not hot and the service was poor. Servers never filled water glasses and asking for anything additional like butter seemed a bother to them.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We just returned from golfing at Woodstock Country Club. The course was not long and the greens were small BUT it was in Fabulous condition. The fairways were lush and the greens fast and impeccable. Beautiful, scenic grounds and location. A return destination for us.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Woodstock Country Club is part of the Woodstock Inn property in the Vermont town of the same name. It is situated just outside town, and is a well-kept property. However, that is where its resemblance to a user-friendly golf course ends. Many of the holes are highly risk/no reward situations. You cannot hit a full tee shot off the tee because you will be in one of the many high grown areas of rough that dot the course, or in the meandering river that runs all through the holes - sometimes the same hole twice. This would not in itself be so daunting. But there are not bail-out spots on many holes - the precise shot MUST be played as you have no other choice. For instance on one par four from an elevated tee, a normal drive will take you across the small landing area in the fairway (which you reach by carrying a large waste area) and if you are successful you face a 200+ yard shot up a steep mountain, rising at least fifty or more feet above you. Again, with no room for error. I played with two excellent golfers, both of whom were abashed at the unfairness of the shots called for, so I feel vindicated in voicing my opinion here. It just was not fun to play the course, I would not play again, and I would recommend you not play it either. Sounds rather harsh, but life is too short to drink bad wine or play bad golf courses. I'm in my 70s, have a 20 hdcp, hit my drives about 200yds. and a seven iron about 135-140. I'm not a sometimes golfer, as many of the players from the Woodstock Inn probably are, and it must be really hard for them. I would definitely look elsewhere for my golf in this area.

1  Thank MatureTravelers778
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We cross-country ski and snowshoe on the country club course in January. Great environment and good exercise.