“Farm to table has gone a step farther....”
Review of Mountain Creamery

Mountain Creamery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Woodstock
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wonderful breakfast at this cozy little place. Butter made from scratch, buttermilk in the pancake batter made from scratch and even the jelly is home made! Service with a smile and fair prices...cash only but they have an ATM inside...will return for sure.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch while walking through town. Probably a nice place on a really slow day. Felt unwelcome and as if we were an imposition. A number of people came in after us, waited to be seated, then when no one directed them after a few minutes they sat in a booth at which point they were seated somewhere else. The food was good. Ice cream downstairs was great!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had breakfast here and my omelette was delicious. I was debating on adding the ham steak to my order but chose not to. What a good idea! When my omelette arrived it was huge and filled the large plate along with a large pile of home fries and toast. I never would have been able to eat a slice of ham too. Delicious and not to be missed.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in Woodstock in June 2014, and after enjoying our Green Mountain coffees overlooking the Shire River, we walked the two blocks into the heart of Woodstock in search of the perfect breakfast. We found it in the charming Mountain Creamery! My husband had a hugh three-egg omelet, and I had a breakfast sandwich on a "bulky roll", which I feared would be hard, but which was fresh and soft. Both meals were generously endowed with Vermont's famous sharp white cheddar, and both were delicious! The small-town atmosphere pervaded the establishment, where some diners obviously knew each other. Dining on such delicious fare while looking out the window at the town's beautiful storefronts, their windowboxes overflowing with flowers, is a memory we will cherish for a long time!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Loved this place! The ice cream was homemade and tasted like it. I got a scoop of mint oreo cookie and mocha chip with hot fudge. Unbelievable! The hot fudge was delicious too! (My girlfriend got pistachio and coffee and she thought it was some of the best she's ever tasted!)

I would have liked it if they had a variety of sizes, though. It's one size fits all. We wanted a little scoop to take on the road on our last day of our vacation in Woodstock, but the child's size was only for kids.

Highly recommended!