“Touristy market with nice kitchen”

Woodstock Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The market offers all kinds of Vermont products, sold at fair prices. It also has a substantial kitchen that makes a variety of sandwiches, wraps, etc. Some are pretty eclectic like the "Elvis"--peanut butter, bacon, and marshmallow. Others are more traditional. I thought the bean burrito was ok but not great. Make sure to order upon entry, because there can be a wait. Nice to stop in for takeaway and trinkets, but don't go out of your way.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stopped here a few times on our recent trip to the Woodstock area in VT. They had a really diverse sandwich selection, and many creative vegetarian options. They have good coffee and I was excited to see soy milk offered as a creamer option (they had milk-based creamers too). They also had a nice selection of local produce which we used to make yummy salads at home. They have outdoor seating behind the garden area which we used and enjoyed.

1  Thank sarah_2010067
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

One thing I've learned about VT in summer is that there's a lot of price gouging going on, though not everything here is outrageous. It does make Whole Foods look cheap though. They don't like to call themselves a gourmet market, but a lot of their products are what you find at gourmet places. I did find some good things like the Grafton biscuits which aren't marked up. There's fresh veggies, but not the amount of local ones they advertise. I did get some excellent snap peas though. Very fresh. Almost no organic produce. Stay away from the veggies that aren't regional. Prices are way too high & quality poor. Ask to see both sides of steaks if u get one. They aren't trimmed as much as they should be which adds to the prices. Nice cheese selection. Best bagels I've found anywhere in New England! They could use a bigger building. It's hard to push around a cart it's so tight. You'll find some good gift items for a foodie or to try yourself. Most people in Woodstock go to NH to do real grocery shopping, but don't miss out on this place.

1  Thank Dogtravels
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great market. We ordered sandwhiches to go as we were leaving Woodstock. All were very delicious. Staff is very frindly and accomodating

1  Thank NETraveler208
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Farmers' Market was very small and not much was going on. I wouldn't go out of my way to attend.