“Best hidden gem”

Sleep Woodstock Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
“Best hidden gem”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Best mini honeymoon ever. Great hosts that were more than happy to offer suggestions. Comfortable, king sized beds, clean, perfectly sized room. Location was just far enough out of town. Wasn't stuffy or overpriced. We liked the fact there were soooo many deals just for staying here! (Skip the cafe next door) Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank JennaSilveria524

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find it so nice, quiet and about 8 units. Everything was new and clean. I was traveling alone and felt safe there. Enjoyed looking at the river outside the front window. The owners were friendly and helpful. Discount at diner next door. I am planning to return again in the fall!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Althea K
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very well run motel and is definitely on the list for ski season. Owner very hands on and super helpful. The location is perfect and the rates are not reflective to the convenience-- which usually costs so much more.

Patty Curran

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank PMC1967
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was looking for reasonably priced accommodations in the Woodstock, Vermont area, and I was SO GLAD I found the Sleep Woodstock Motel. The bed & breakfasts in the area were $300 per night! The room was clean, and had a Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. The owner is really nice and there are some discounts you can get at local restaurants if you show your room key. If I come back to the Woodstock, VT area, I will definitely stay at the Sleep Woodstock Motel again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank MNKristen
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My 14-year-old son and I stayed at Sleep Woodstock in June, on the way to camp drop-off. The owner was kind and helpful, and over the course of two days we ate at three establishments offering discounts if we showed our key. Nice! The room was everything we wanted and none of what we didn't. The beds, in particular, were outstanding - comparable to an upscale hotel chain. Our room was clean, fresh and visually appealing. There was lots of natural light and quiet, which was a lovely surprise. I'll return again to pick up my son next month, and I'm looking forward to a restful visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank C T
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at Sleep Woodstock. I've stayed at a bunch of budget motels, and they always have that awful polyester comforter, ugh. This one had a real duvet, with a good shower, and also good amenties (Kurig coffee machine, little fridge and microwave in room, lots of hot water, good water pressure, heat worked well and pretty quickly). Also was about half the price of the big inn in town, where my conference was! About 8 min drive out of Woodstock, so very convenient for us. Also owner very nice, said we could bother him for help any time of day or night, he lives right over motel, so we thought that was very nice. Thanks Sleep Woodstock!
S.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank SLRS132014
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Patrick the owner is super nice guy. My wife, my 90 pound Belgian shepherd, and I had a wonderful stay. I brought my wife here so I could ski and we could check out Vermont. We also wanted to bring a large dog which is harder to do than you'd think given the number of places which say they accept pets. Patrick couldn't have been more accommodating. Macey, the dog, was welcomed with cookies every day. We stayed in March during the University of CT's spring break. I skied Okemo and Piko and while Killington and Pico are the closest mountains Okemo was not a long drive maybe 30 minutes. The room was clean. I mean very clean. The walls had been taken down to the studs in the recent renovation. The linens where from Keen, New Hampshire, and the Mattress was super comfortable. I've been lucky to have stayed at some great hotels, and the bed at the Sleep Woodstock was as comfortable a bed as any of them. The fixtures were new and as was the flat panel tv. The room had fridge, Kuerig machine and microwave oven. Now, this is a roadside motel circa the 1950's or 60's so not everything is perfect... Yet. The bathroom was dated. And, my only complaint, the floors of the bathroom was cold so bring slippers. Patrick said renovations on bathrooms would begin, two at a time, in the off season. I would stay here again. It was safe, clean, and very friendly. As the other reviewers have indicated you get very friendly and good recommendations and discounts from the owner. When you go don't miss the coffee and pastries at the Woodstock Farmers Market 5 minutes down the road.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Matthiew B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Kedron Valley Inn
Kedron Valley Inn
#5 of 6 in Woodstock
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Woodstock Inn and Resort

Been to Sleep Woodstock Motel? Share your experiences!