“Definitely worth recommending!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I had supper there a few months ago. The steak I had ordered was very tasty and cooked exactly as requested, medium rare, and came with good, crispy fries. My husband also really enjoyed his meal of fried buttermilk chicken and mashed potatoes. My one suggestion for improvement would be to add more vegetables to the plate to balance the meat. Both our meals included green beans with slivered almonds, which were good, but why so few? I would add more, or better yet, include a second vegetable. The service was friendly, attentive and efficient. They were running a special when we went, so the value for cost was excellent!

1  Thank EBfromMontreal

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Prince and the Pauper was so wonderful and delicious and cozy that we ate there both nights of our stay in Woodstock. My husband and I both enjoyed everything from the salad to the drinks to the main courses. The chicken in peach sauce was out of this world! There are two menus available, one a bit higher priced--both of which provide more than enough food. This would be a wonderful spot for a romantic dinner, but also a great choice if you are in the mood for an excellent meal. The food is scrumptious! A real treat! Be sure to make a reservation as the restaurant is quite popular.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The title speaks for itself. We sat at the bar. We had several appetizers and then a "gourmet" pizza which was dry and tasteless. Wine by the glass was just OK. I don't think we would return the next time we visit Woodstock as there are many other choices for a great dinner.

1  Thank SweeneyBoston_Ma
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We ate off the regular menu. Great value and delicious food. Love the atmosphere and this restaurant's noise volume was low even though there were lots of people. Really enjoyed.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've eaten here twice when I've been in Vermont on vacation. The restaurant is popular and packed (you'll need a reservation). The food is a bit of a mixed bag. We had the ribs which were amazingly good with a fabulous vinegar-based BBQ sauce. But my glass of wine was very mediocre (the wine list wasn't very exciting). So I would order carefully - I can heartily recommend the ribs -- but it is a fun social evening out.

Been to The Prince and the Pauper? Share your experiences!