“What a bed & breakfast should be”
Review of Ardmore Inn

Ardmore Inn
Ranked #9 of 16 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“What a bed & breakfast should be”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our stay at the Ardmore Inn was perfect. I can't imagine a more gracious hostess (attentive but not intrusive), a more beautiful inn, or a more delicious breakfast. In looking at Woodstock B&Bs on the internet, I was immediately drawn to the author connection and knew that we had to stay in the Reeve Lindbergh Room. It couldn't have been a more delightful stay -- unless it had been longer. I hope this was only our first visit there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I decided mid-week that we needed to just run away from home for a couple of days. We then poured over all of our options and decided on The Ardmore Inn in Woodstock, Vermont. I am SO happy we did.
We knew right away we would love it. The Inn in lovely outside, with fresh flowers, and a little covered bridge type drive through to the back parking area, surrounded by more lovely plants. Inside, all the common rooms are wonderfully restored, fresh and clean - soft music - candles.. cookies, tea and lemon water out for all to share. We were greeted with a smile and shown around.
We had The Mary Azarian Room, which was spotless. I love how every room is named after a living Vermont writer, or book illustrator. Mary Azarian is an artist, and the books she has illustrated were about the room, as wel as some of her prints. Very simple and tastefully done. The bathroom would bright and clean. Even though we were on the street side of things, the noise was not bad.
Charlene was SO friendly and and helpful. Her breakfast was amazing. It is served family style, as is the way with B&Bs. (I love this). The night before each person is given a card with all the breakfast choices on it, and in the morning your meal is made to taste for you. A 3 course breakfast. It is several hours later as I write this and I am still not hungry!
I really did not want to leave this morning. Thank you, Ardmore, for sharing your little spot in the world with us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Charlotte created the most friendly stay for our visit to Woodstock. The breakfast was like eating at a 5 star restaurant. We felt so welcomed and would definitely stay again. The inn was so clean and cozy, wonderful food, and incredible service!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mgb7b2
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Love Woodstock town and love this inn. You will never meet more friendly or helpful innkeepers.
The hearty breakfast will please everyone. Highly recommend it. We like the Archer Room.
We went to Sugarbush Farm for their yummy cheese and hiked along the beautiful river.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Moxiethebeagle
Lebanon, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We just spent the night there and had a lovely time. The breakfast was one of the best we've had at a B&B. The owner/host is a delightful and interesting person. We would highly recommend the Ardmore Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 April 2013

You could search far a wide and never find what the Ardmore offers. The room we stayed in complete with fireplace, HUGE jacuzzi, and large clime up bed was gorgeous and peaceful. The inn was soothing and immaculate clean. The inn keeper Charlotte went out of her way to accommodate my various food allergies with grace and kindness, the breakfast -(cooked to order) was wonderful. These folks skip no details; even leaving macaroons and coffee and tea out all day. The main rooms feature a huge book and board game selection. In April they have a special so we payed 125.00 plus 9% tax for a room that is normally 250.00 I lived in VT for many years, Adrmore's location is central to all Woodstock has to offer. My partner and i have traveled all over the globe,and we think hands down this place is a winner.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We just returned from our stay .We went for my Husbands 40th Birthday and all I can say was just Amazing !! We had the most wonderful weekend ,This Inn is a little piece of heaven .Charlotte is one if not the Best Innkeepers we have ever met .Breakfast is beyond Yummy .Cookies in the afternoon add just the right touch to this comfy simple Inn .If your looking for Flat Screen TV s or I Pod docking Stations this isn t the place .What you will find is a break from everything and time to just sit and talk .If your lucky like us you ll get to sit on a Snowy afternoon on the back porch and just watch the snow fall .Walking to distance to everything in the village. We stayed in the 1st floor room with a beautiful little fireplace and amazing jaccuzi tub in the bathroom this room is all about Rest and Romance in my opinion .Charlotte thank you so much for the sweet Birthday Cake you made for my husband and going out of your way to get all the little extra s I asked for to make his weekend so special .We cant wait to come again .PS If you love cats there are two of the sweetest cats ever in the Inn .I had to check Hubbys suitcase to make sure he wasnt bringing one home with him

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple