“Excellent Experience!”

Ardmore Inn
Ranked #9 of 16 Woodstock B&B and Inns
“Excellent Experience!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Ardmore Inn for three nights. Everything was excellent, but we were mostly overwhelmed with the close attention to detail. Location of the inn is fantastic, Charlotte is a wonderful hostess, room was beautiful (Natalie Kinsey-Warnock Room), food was over the top. Our best experience at a B&B!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wales
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Beautifully appointed Victorian villa in 'downtown' Woodstock. Every last detail has been carefully prepared and set out - from the afternoon cakes to the fantastic breakfasts. Charlotte is a wonderful hostess - nothing is too much trouble. We would have no hesitation in coming back again

Room Tip: Book early to get the room that suites
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank williamsjd4
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Ardmore Inn for just one night but we were very lucky to do so since we had not pre-booked. The room was beautifully appointed in an elegant country style as was the whole house; the breakfast was a gourmet experience of local produce; our host Charlotte not only served us the four course breakfast (all ten people at the table at once) but on checking out, handed us a bag of cookies in exchange for the room keys - a lovely gesture. The location is an easy walk into the centre of the village of Woodstock VT, which has to be one of the loveliest villages in Vermont. Free wifi and a comfortable living room/Library made the stay more homely.

Room Tip: Make sure you book well in advance of the dates you are travelling.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLAD56
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Ardmore inn is delightful. Fabulous location, beautifully decorated ( especially our room, the mary arazain) with a hostess that made the stay just wonderful. Charlotte could not have been more helpful , (knowledgeable of the area ) or thoughtful - we even received home made biscuits as a gift when we left. The breakfast was very tasty and it was refreshing to have a choice of what we'd like, rather than be given a set menu. We equally enjoyed the chance to sit and chat to other guests at the breakfast table.
Our only feedback or concern was around the noise. We did not sleep well and dispute our hostess leaving air plugs next to the bed, the noisy air conditioning and church bell that chimed on the hour across the road- kept us awake most of the night.
If you are going to book, I'd suggest you request a room down the back.
Thankyou to the Ardmore inn for a lovely visit

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Polly C
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We did an overnight stay at The Ardemore Inn and given that it was my first time to Woodstock I was excited. The inn keeper Charlotte was full of history on the house and was so very pleasant. The location is great; it's within walking distance to the center portion of town.
Her homemade cookies were delicious. The decor is modern in color but she has done a great job keeping the decor within the age of the home. It's a cozy place to walk around in. Very warm and inviting. Upon arrival Charlotte had us choose breakfast the next day. I was suprised at the various choices.

We stayed in the The Mary Azarian Room on the second floor in the front of the B&B. While you could hear a little bit of what was going on outside, it wasn't loud and obnoxious. You can hear others in their rooms when you're in the hallways but it's not loud at all. The room was very clean and the sheets were fantastic! Had a great sleep!!! I liked that there were not TVs mainly because I'm sure you'd hear others if they had them on.

Breakfast was delicious. Coffee too.Nothing better than old fashion VT bacon with eggs. My better half had the french toast which I think will be one of the other reasons we'll visit The Ardmore Inn again. While breakfast was done in a group setting it was nice to speak to others about where they were from and what they were planning to do. Was very nice.

Overall this was a great experience and I will be sure to tell others to if visiting VT to make a stop here at the Ardmore Inn. Beatiful and quaint, the way life in VT is.

Room Tip: I can't say any room is better than another but expect to hear a little noise. While they do pro...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsWorcester
Englewood, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

When you book a reservation you always try to picture in your mind how the expierance is going to be. When my wife and I took out tour through New England this late spring she picked Woodstock Vermont as out starting place and choose the Ardmore Inn as our resting place.We were very inpressed with the accomodations. The room was very spacious, clean as was the attaceh bathroom. Actually the ammenities were better that most five star hotels. The family that owns the Inn was very gracious and well schooled about the local sights. The breakfeast was absolutly phenominail with fesh baked goods and made to order eggs and meats. Woodstock is the most picturesque town we have ever seen.
Bob and Karen Englewood,Fl

Room Tip: We choose the Chris Bohjalain room named after the author, it has a huge bathroom
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob H
Philadelphia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

All these reviews are correct — this truly is my favorite B & B of all time. From the tasteful decor throughout to the incredible food, I can't think of a place I'd rather be in Vermont than the Ardmore Inn. The linens felt amazing, I can't recall a more restful sleep in my life.

On a side note, as an earlier reviewer wrote, each room is themed with a living Vermont artist or writer. We too, had the illustrator Mary Azarian's room, and I read her book Dawn till Dusk. I learned a little about Vermont culture from this beautiful picture book, and so in my next stop in Brattleboro, I was able to talk to the locals about things like sugaring season, mudding, etc. and to top it off, we found other illustrations by Ms. Azarian through the rest of our trip. Just one more piece of magic to take with me from Charlotte's amazing Ardmore Inn.

Room Tip: Prepare to be wowed
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple