“Great hosts,warm friendly spotless place to stay in woodstock,vt”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 16 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I loved the Canterbury House. It was my first trip to Woodstock, Vt. I traveled alone for the first time in my life and I couldnt have felt more welcome and comfortable. It was walkable to everything.
The hosts Bob and Sue and warm and friendly, I felt like I knew them for years. I arrived as a stranger and left as a friend.
I would recommend the Canterbury House to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 September 2009

We originally chose The Canterbury Inn for our one-night stay because of the very reasonable pricing, but left there truly feeling as if we had made new friends. From the minute we walked in the door, Bob and Sue Frost, the Innkeepers, were super-friendly and engaging, making suggestions for dinner, and providing some insight into the area nightlife. They even provided us with an umbrella for our walk into town as it looked like rain. The Inn is about an 8-minute walk through beautiful Woodstock to the heart of town. We returned to the Inn after dinner to relax and read in the well-appointed and comfortable living room.

Our room, the Knight's Tale, was immaculate and comfortable, with welcoming chocolates, a Canterbury House pen, and a free map of Vermont to boot. We loved the communal breakfast, as part of the experience is meeting new travelers from other parts of the country. We were served Sue's famous cinnamon french toast (which were cooked perfectly), fresh fruit, link sausage and fresh whipped cream, but we were advised upon reserving our room that dietary restrictions could be easily accomodated. Warmed Vermont maple syrup and an endless cup of coffee also awaited us. Sue and Bob were warm, gracious, funny and thoroughly wonderful. Our co-guests seemed to enjoy the experience as much as we did. I travel fairly often and have to add that the mattress was VERY comfortable, as were the pillows (this is an issue for me with most chain hotels). From beginning to end, our stay at The Canterbury Inn was all that we could have hoped for and more. If you are going to Woodstock, call this Inn!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2009

This is our second year returning to Canterbury House. We've stayed at many B&Bs and hotels in town and find this to have the perfect balance of friendly owners, reasonable price, convenient location, and pristine accomodations. We find Sue and Bob to be the perfect hosts: knowledgable of the area as far as food, hikes, and things to do. Short pleasant walk to the center of town and nice side patio for wine and snacks (Bob and Sue very accomodating with wineglasses and opener!). Rooms are neat and comfortable. Bathrooms are small but we don't spend much time in them anyway. We will return next year!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank bubblerunner
Reviewed 5 October 2008

We really enjoyed our stat in Woodstock . The Canterbury Bed and Breakfast is very well located and easy walking distance to all of the local ammenities. The owners of the property are both very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is excellent and you really do feel as if the owners want you to enjoy your stay with them and enjoy your experience of Woodstock.
David and Wendy Thompson
N.Ireland

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Woodstock, Vermont: The Canterbury House Bed & Breakfast "An absolutely enjoyable stay in a B&B.

Date of stay: July 30-Aug 3, 2008.

Reviewers: Frequent visitors to New England (especially Vermont)

This was our fourth visit to the Canterbury House a delightful bed & breakfast located in the picturesque town of Woodstock, Vermont. On our first visit back in 2003, we fell in love with the town. With its lovely old homes, tree lined streets, and quaint shops, Woodstock is one of the prettiest small towns in Vermont. We have returned to Woodstock three times since 2003 and each time we have chosen to stay at the Canterbury House.

The Canterbury House is a charming early 19th century home located within easy walking distance of the center of town. The inn keepers are engaging and friendly and made us feel very welcome on our first stay (so much so that we feel this is our home away from home whenever we're visiting in Vermont). The rooms are pleasantly decorated with antique furnishings and the breakfasts are delicious and beautifully presented. We have enjoyed each day spent in this lovely B&B and wholeheartedly recommend it as a place to stay when visiting in central Vermont.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ECandGC
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We recently spent 3 days wonderful relaxing days at the Canterbury House. We stayed in the Chaucers Garrett. It is a huge, very comfortable and thoroughly charming room. The King size bed was pure comfort, providing a wonderful sleep.
My wife loved the sitting area which was comfortable and inviting and beckoned you to curl up and read a book or just watch television. The room is quiet and private

The innkeepers Susan and Bob Frost seemed like old friends who we had not seen for years although we just met them. They are gracious and friendly and made us feel at home. They know the area and are ready willing and able to help their guests plan a wonderful itinerary in the Woodstock area. Their suggestion of lunch at the Long Trail Brewery after a morning of hiking was great, as was their dinner suggestion for the Prince and the Pauper which was perfect and so nice to be able to walk to dinner.

Breakfast is an important part of the B&B experiance and in our opinion we have never had better breakfasts. Sue's waffles are out of this world and after eating the veggie egg bake my wife had to get the recipe. Breakfast is not for the timid eater. It will last you till dinner.

We loved Woodstock and we loved the Canterbury House; it provides warmth charm and the hospitality of the innkeepers. We have stayed at a great number of B&B's up and down the East Coast and the Canterbury House is tops.

Reviewed 20 June 2008

I must say that I disagree with the other comments. My husband and I had a great stay at the Canterbury. WE loved the breakfast and it is family style but it didn't seem to bother anyone. The Inn keepers are very friendly they showed so much to do and were to eat dinner. I didn't think there were to many rules I never heard the one about breakfast. It was a nice time. I can assure that more then one person can fit into the bathroom. This is one of the best inn in Woodstock.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)