I spent a wonderful long weekend at the Jackson House Inn for a getaway with friends. Upon arriving I was greeted by Kathy and immediately felt welcomed. She was a wonderful resource throughout the entire weekend, answering any questions we had and providing a variety of suggestions to places to go and see. Rick is also a gracious host and his breakfasts are AMAZING. Everything is local and you can tell he puts a lot of time and effort into everything he prepares. I have never tastes anything so delicious.
The property itself it beautiful! The Terwelps made sure to keep the historic nature of the inn while making the inn feel welcoming and homey. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. Every room has its own bathroom and the products provided were wonderful. The inn is located on a beautiful piece of property and you are able to just wander around an take it all in. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and even sitting one morning by the pond. I would highly recommend the inn and can't wait to visit again. Rick and Kathy went above and beyond to make sure our group had an wonderful weekend. Thank you for such an amazing trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jackson House Inn offers refined relaxation surrounded by the beauty of Vermont. Just outside the village of Woodstock, our property is perfect for a private romantic getaway or a chance to reconnect with friends. 6 one-room suites with fireplaces and 5 classic bedrooms blend history with modern conveniences - all with an en-suite private bathroom with shower (some with massage tubs), WIFI, in-room controlled air conditioning/heating, most with HD television service. Locally-sourced, organic products are featured in a memorable multi-course full breakfast served at individual tables in our dining room, and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages are available at all times. Wines, beers and spirits are available in the late afternoon/early evening. Stroll three acres of grounds including a freshwater pond and perennial gardens or gaze at the landscape from patios, balconies and chairs on the lawn. In colder months, a floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace burns during breakfast and the evening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Jackson House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson House Hotel Woodstock
- Jackson House Inn Woodstock, Vermont