In July of 2011, a few short months before I was to depart for Afghanistan, I wanted to take my future wife to a beautiful Inn in Vermont. I am extremely picky as to where I lay my head at night. I checked all the reviews for the Woodstock area, and I decided to take her to the only Inn that did not have a negative review. I was not disappointed! Our wonderful experience began immediatately upon check-in when Kathy (she and her husband Rick are the Inn-Keepers and owners of The Jackson House Inn) greeted us. She was very genuine and accommodating. She was a wealth of knowledge not only about the area in terms of what to do, but of many local restaurants. I chose one of the suites that had a jacuzzi and it was beautiful. The breakfest that Rick makes every morning for guests is to die for. All the ingredients are from local farms in the area. It was a beautiful romantic weekend, just what I needed with Afghanistan on the horizon. We enjoyed the Inn, and the beautiful grounds so much, I told my future wife, we should get married at the Inn once I return. She agreed. The determining factor was Kathy and Rick's warm and caring personalities. It's not just an Inn to them, it's their home! Upon arriving back safely from Afghanistan in 2012, we made a trip back to the Jackson House, and promptly started to plan our wedding for Labor Day weekend 2013. Rick and Kathy walked us through all the many details and put out any small fires we came across during our planning for our beautiful wedding. They had a list of florists, tent folks, caterers, linen folks, photographers, and a wonderful Justice of the Peace named Mary. All of the quality people they suggested were terrific. As in any wedding planning, the unexpected always comes up, but Kathy and Rick were always there for us time and time again giving the extra effort. We asked them if they could come up with some wedding favors, and they came up with several we could choose from. In terms of the wine selection for our wedding, Rick was extremely knowledgeable, and was a tremendous help. Rick cares for the grounds, and had them looking perfect for our wedding. He takes great pride and it shows as you can see by the pictures. On the weekend of the wedding, Rick and Kathy were there to ensure that everything went off without a hitch. Initially it looked like we would have rain. They quickly set things up inside. We decided to gamble, as the rain abruply ended (thanks to prayers to our departed parents no doubt) they then without complaint, quickly moved the venue outside, and we enjoyed a 45 minute period with no rain. We got our outside wedding after all, as well as all the outside pictures!. We cannot thank them enough for all the assistance they provided to us throughout the whole wedding planning. Although it was stressful planning our wedding at times, knowing that Kathy and Rick were in the background to assist us gave us peace of mind. Especially since we live 3 1/2 hours away! We look forward to future stays at our "2nd home". It's always a very peacful weekend when we visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jackson House Inn offers refined relaxation surrounded by the beauty of Vermont. Just outside the village of Woodstock, our property is perfect for a private romantic getaway or a chance to reconnect with friends. 6 one-room suites with fireplaces and 5 classic bedrooms blend history with modern conveniences - all with an en-suite private bathroom with shower (some with massage tubs), WIFI, in-room controlled air conditioning/heating, most with HD television service. Locally-sourced, organic products are featured in a memorable multi-course full breakfast served at individual tables in our dining room, and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages are available at all times. Wines, beers and spirits are available in the late afternoon/early evening. Stroll three acres of grounds including a freshwater pond and perennial gardens or gaze at the landscape from patios, balconies and chairs on the lawn. In colder months, a floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace burns during breakfast and the evening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Jackson House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson House Hotel Woodstock
- Jackson House Inn Woodstock, Vermont