“Fantastic Getaway!”

Ranked #4 of 16 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Upstate New York
“Fantastic Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently went on a short getaway with a friend to Vermont, and we spent two nights at the Woodstocker Inn. Everything we read online was true. Dora, David, & Daisy Doo are very welcoming hosts, and the Inn is filled with bright colors and is very cheerful. Our room was spacious, and the walls were solid, so we couldn’t hear the guests next door. Better yet were the beds. I have a bad back, but I slept well and felt great the next morning. I should also mention the shower—indulgent with two shower heads. However, the “green” in me would only permit me to turn one on. Speaking of green, this Inn does its best to be eco-minded, which is another plus.

I would absolutely love to go back to the Woodstocker Inn with my husband in the future. I had vowed never to go to a B&B after a bad experience many years ago, but if there are other places like the Woodstocker Inn out there, I’ll gladly pack my bags!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank SageTrekker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

The accommodations made me feel like i was at home (or the home i wish i had) and David and Dora were super nice. They gave just the right amount of attention and breakfast was superb.

I skied both days I stayed there and it was only a short ride to Killington. I highly recommend the Woodstocker for anyone who wants to visit the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Benjamin W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Woodstocker Inn in mid February 2012. We could only arrive late, after 11:00pm, but the hosts were quite accommodating, sending us the passcode to enter during off hours. The owners are both British and serve a British-style breakfast; everything was lovely. Had a few opportunities to chat with the owner (David) and he had many interesting stories to tell & recommendations about what to see locally. And of course there's Daisy Doo, their Wheaton Terrier, who was quite the sweet pooch. (We're suckers for dogs). My wife & I stayed in one room (Lincoln) and our 2 friends stayed in another room; we were quite happy with the experience overall. Wasn't the cheapest place by any means ($225/night) but we centrally located in Woodstock and very convenient for Killington. Great library in the b&b where the 4 of us congregated in the evening. Would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms were quirky, especially the bathrooms (in a good way). Would recommend scanning photos...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank SteveMartinMaloney
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Woodstocker for an anniversary ski weekend. We had a wonderful stay. Dora and David were the perfect hosts. They were attentive to our needs and great fun to chat with. David was extremely knowledgeable in helping us navigate our way around nearby killington mountain and local breweries. Dora gave us a wonderful tour of the house when we first arrived and made us feel very welcome. The inn and our room were immaculate. we loved that it was both modern and Eco friendly. They also went out of their way to upgraded us to a room with a king that was available. The bed was ridiculously comfortable. Unfortunately, we had to get an early start so we didn't get a chance to try breakfast. From what we could see, it was clear they took pride in their cooking as well. We will definitely be back for a longer stay...and breakfast. Would love to see the grounds and the town in the summer. Only tiny complaint: the Internet was spotty from our room.

6 Thank Jillian C
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

We had a great short visit to Woodstock, VT via the Woodstocker...very friendly, eco-conscience inn which provided some UK'ism's which were brilliant, including the breakfast!

4 Thank Sara L
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I spent two nights there this past weekend. We loved it and had a lovely stay. Dora & David, the owners, were great. When they found out it was my husband's birthday, they gave us a special rate for two nights. When we arrived, we were greeted by an adorable dog. The house is charming, clean and comfortable. It's a very nice short walk to the village of woodstock. We had the bedroom with two bathtubs, Westminster, which we loved. The TV in that bedroom is very small, but I know other rooms do have larger TVs, so if that's important to you, ask in advance. Breakfast was absolutely delicious -- best scrambled eggs I think I've ever had. I'm not usually a big fan of B&Bs, but I thought this place was great and would go back again. My only recommendation is to make the OJ at breakfast fresh squeezed because the rest of the breakfast is great.

3 Thank Laila A
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is our THIRD visit to the Woodstocker. This time we brought our daughter and her boyfriend to share in what is a truly delightful experience.Each room at the inn is different. The entire inn is pristine (which is one of the reasons that you leave your shoes in the entry and wear your slippers or use the slippers provided), the sheets are multi-count (no cheap scratchy over-washed linens here!), the bedspreads and pillows are down and even the loveseat has down pillows. I loved our tub and shower.The tub is big...great for a bubble bath. It is so convenient that the water temperature can be controlled. The shower is a delghtful rainfall shower...you don't want to leave! The breakfast is included in the overnight charges and it is truly an English brakfast. Made to order - eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, broiled tomatoes or oatmeal with maple syrup and whiskey. I'm gluten intolerant and David and Dora actually had noted this from our previous stay and had gluten-free bagels ready for me. I love the compote and yogurt that is also available for breakfast. All the coffee is French press, which you make yourself. I like to be able to control my caffeine intake! The entire inn is "green" so everything is organic or local. Two more things - the full size candy bars that are everywhere are a nice touch (nice to grab one before you head off for the slopes) and the kitchen for guest use to make tea and hot chocolate and the library are so convenient and comfy. David and Dora do indeed make their guests truly feel like guests in their home. They are absolutely wonderful hosts and their dog, Daisy-Doo is a peach!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family