“A Wonderful Place to Stay”
Review of Woodstocker Inn

and 1 more site!
Woodstocker Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at this inn on a recent driving trip through New England, and we're so glad we found this wonderful place! When we made our reservation, just a hour or so prior to our arrival, we lucked out (due to the season) and were able to get a wonderful room, and then we were upgraded to an even nicer King room upon arrival (again, due to the season, the inn was not full when we were there). The outside is cheerful and adorable, and the room we stayed in was lovely, modern, funky, wonderful and relaxing. The common room and spaces were light, airy, convenient, modern, comfortable and altogether fantastic. We particularly liked the red bathroom, with its modern, funky and Asian touches, as well as the great soaking tub (pebbled) and rainfall showerhead! The owners, Dora and Dave, with delightful and charming and funny, and while I normally don't want to spend a lot of time interacting with the owners of the places that I stay, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment we spent with them (and their very sweet dog). Breakfast was as much or as little as one would want of an English breakfast (an unexpected bonus) that was organic, locally sourced, home cooked, upscale and delicious, with lots of high and low calorie options. The candy bars sprinkled throughout the room and the common room were devilishly tempting, as were the assortment of books they have in the library. Dora provided great dinner suggestions as well as suggestions about local attractions, and we spent some lovely time discussing travels to various states and countries (and trying to talk Dora into moving her family to California and starting and inn in our home state!). My partner fell in love with a sculpture that was at the inn (an adorable, chubby traveler by the name of Lars Robert) and still hasn’t stopped talking about him (I'm adapting). I jogged around the town early in the morning (in a dusting of light snow) and was particularly charmed by Woodstock, despite some of the devastation wrecked on the bridges a year ago by Hurricane Irene). This is an idyllic town and a fantastic B&B, and we hope to return one day for a much longer stay.

Room Tip: Let Dora choose!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bytelaw

Reviewed 14 April 2012

My wife and I were looking for an easy getaway from NYC. We wanted a relaxing place to stay that wasn't stuffy, awkward or haunted as many B&B's can B. The Woodstocker was perfect. The owners were very friendly and laid back. They make a mean English breakfast and the hallways are paved with candy bars. It's close to town, the rooms were clean and comfortable, they even have an interesting library. It's a great home base if you're going to be in the area, we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front face the street and there were some logging trucks going through the night...
2  Thank BK_Getaways
Davidbignose!, D3 Co-Owners at Woodstocker Inn, at Woodstocker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

We are always satisfied when clients receive the standard of hospitality that they seek, and are pleased that we continue to deliver a style that is seen as refreshing. Positive comments aired on travel review websites, indicate whether we are consistently succeeding, and multiple reviewers offer an 100% independent reflection.

Our business philosophy and website try to convey that we offer a 21st century style, and as we declare....'We strive to be not just another New England Inn'.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We loved the mix of new and old at this eclectic bed and breakfast. We stayed in the Chelsea room and loved the bright colors and the funky bathroom. Dora was a fabulous host and served a delicious English breakfast with many organic and local options. The inn is a short walk from the main part of Woodstock and is also a very short walk to Mount Tom. We would highly recommend this fun bed and breakfast and hope to return again!

2  Thank XMurphy
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is such a charming inn and the Inn Keepers are wonderful, friendly people. My boyfriend actually surprised me with a trip to The Woodstocker Inn for my birthday and he chose it specifically because it stood out from the traditional inns we had been to. Breakfast is served daily by the lovely inn keepers. You won't find any traditional egg & pancakes breakfasts here though! They serve English style breakfasts and they are delicious to say the least! The room itself was immaculate, quite possibly the cleanest room I'd ever been to. I loved that each room in the inn has its own theme, not two rooms alike (and all decorated beautifully), and also that they are very eco-friendly. My only complaint was that the scent of the organic soap/shampoo they offer, to me, was awful. But that's hardly a big deal as I always bring my own anyway. I'm looking forward to visiting them again in the near future!

3  Thank MC0519
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were one of four couples who traveled together to the Woodstocker Inn last weekend. It was wonderful. Dora made us feel welcome and gave us helpful tips on restaurants and local activities. The inn itself is very interesting, bright and cheerful with plenty of room to gather and relax. The rooms are spotless, attractive and well-appointed, without that typical, fussy feel you find in some inns. The library is filled with a fascinating array of books, perfect for browsing during a quiet afternoon. Breakfast was huge and delicious. We all agreed that this was one of the nicest inns in which we've stayed, and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank PKSBoston
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently went on a short getaway with a friend to Vermont, and we spent two nights at the Woodstocker Inn. Everything we read online was true. Dora, David, & Daisy Doo are very welcoming hosts, and the Inn is filled with bright colors and is very cheerful. Our room was spacious, and the walls were solid, so we couldn’t hear the guests next door. Better yet were the beds. I have a bad back, but I slept well and felt great the next morning. I should also mention the shower—indulgent with two shower heads. However, the “green” in me would only permit me to turn one on. Speaking of green, this Inn does its best to be eco-minded, which is another plus.

I would absolutely love to go back to the Woodstocker Inn with my husband in the future. I had vowed never to go to a B&B after a bad experience many years ago, but if there are other places like the Woodstocker Inn out there, I’ll gladly pack my bags!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank SageTrekker
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The accommodations made me feel like i was at home (or the home i wish i had) and David and Dora were super nice. They gave just the right amount of attention and breakfast was superb.

I skied both days I stayed there and it was only a short ride to Killington. I highly recommend the Woodstocker for anyone who wants to visit the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple