My partner and I stayed at this inn on a recent driving trip through New England, and we're so glad we found this wonderful place! When we made our reservation, just a hour or so prior to our arrival, we lucked out (due to the season) and were able to get a wonderful room, and then we were upgraded to an even nicer King room upon arrival (again, due to the season, the inn was not full when we were there). The outside is cheerful and adorable, and the room we stayed in was lovely, modern, funky, wonderful and relaxing. The common room and spaces were light, airy, convenient, modern, comfortable and altogether fantastic. We particularly liked the red bathroom, with its modern, funky and Asian touches, as well as the great soaking tub (pebbled) and rainfall showerhead! The owners, Dora and Dave, with delightful and charming and funny, and while I normally don't want to spend a lot of time interacting with the owners of the places that I stay, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment we spent with them (and their very sweet dog). Breakfast was as much or as little as one would want of an English breakfast (an unexpected bonus) that was organic, locally sourced, home cooked, upscale and delicious, with lots of high and low calorie options. The candy bars sprinkled throughout the room and the common room were devilishly tempting, as were the assortment of books they have in the library. Dora provided great dinner suggestions as well as suggestions about local attractions, and we spent some lovely time discussing travels to various states and countries (and trying to talk Dora into moving her family to California and starting and inn in our home state!). My partner fell in love with a sculpture that was at the inn (an adorable, chubby traveler by the name of Lars Robert) and still hasn’t stopped talking about him (I'm adapting). I jogged around the town early in the morning (in a dusting of light snow) and was particularly charmed by Woodstock, despite some of the devastation wrecked on the bridges a year ago by Hurricane Irene). This is an idyllic town and a fantastic B&B, and we hope to return one day for a much longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original village 'green eco' Inn - 15 AWARDS more than all the other Woodstock B & B/inns combined! Including - Telegraph UK - Worlds Best British owned inn. Innkeepers of the Year, Top 12 in World, Top 10 in USA all on Bed & Breakfast com, D3 - European owners provide adult indulgence, eclectic mix of relaxation, cakes & chocolate using organic sources. We operate a 'warts & all' policy. Motto 'only as good as our guests say we are!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Woodstocker Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodstocker Hotel Woodstock
- Woodstocker Inn Woodstock, Vermont