This is a lovely B and B located about two long blocks from the Green and then a short walk into town. Barring inclement weather, it is an easy walk to shopping and dining.
The innkeepers, Dora and David, who have owned the Inn for a year, are doing a wonderful job to make the inn inviting and welcoming. Dora had menus of many restaurants in town which made it easier to choose a place to have dinner. There is a very nice library downstairs with walls filled top to bottom with books. There are also many travel books of the area and a shelf full of cd's to play on the Bose radio. There is a small kitchenette where there are drinks in the refrigerator, and baskets of candy all around the first floor. There was also banana nut bread the day of our stay. There is a basket of slippers in the hallway downstairs. We were asked to wear them around the house in the evenings so as to not disturb other guests and it was a nice touch, to be thoughtful of others.
Breakfast was very good: eggs, a choice of breakfast meats and mushrooms and tomato, breads and jams, coffee (French press) and teas. There were guests staying there from Australia, England, and the US and it was very nice to visit with them and share experiences.
This inn is on a main street and if you are a light sleeper, please book a room in the rear of the house as street noise can be a problem early in the morning. We had a very nice room on the side of the house which included a sofa as well as a TV and many magazines. There is a wonderful organic soap, locally made, that can be purchased and I am aggravated that I forgot to do so.
Wireless internet is available and when my computer wouldn't cooperate, Dora sat with me trying to get it to connect. When all tries failed, she offered the use of their computer. About three days after our stay, I received an email from Dora and David, hoping we enjoyed our stay with them. I think it is a wonderful idea to follow up with guests. They really care that you have an enjoyable experience and we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original village 'green eco' Inn - 15 AWARDS more than all the other Woodstock B & B/inns combined! Including - Telegraph UK - Worlds Best British owned inn. Innkeepers of the Year, Top 12 in World, Top 10 in USA all on Bed & Breakfast com, D3 - European owners provide adult indulgence, eclectic mix of relaxation, cakes & chocolate using organic sources. We operate a 'warts & all' policy. Motto 'only as good as our guests say we are!' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Woodstocker Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodstocker Hotel Woodstock
- Woodstocker Inn Woodstock, Vermont